Bread Maker - which model do you recommend!

Page 1 / 2
korban, Aug 16, 3:49am
My Sunbeam Bread Maker has died (12 years old).

What model/make do you recommend.

Thanks.

klc1, Aug 16, 4:19am
PanasonicSD-257.

kinna54, Aug 16, 4:48am
Panasonic seems to be the one all are going for at present.

lindylambchops1, Aug 16, 4:56am
Agree have one love it!

pickles7, Aug 16, 5:47am
Panasonic . Ihave the older one and it just won't die. lol,. Definitely get another Panasonic, when the one I have, dose give up the ghost.

mack77, Aug 16, 9:19am
The Panasonic SD257 is the best one because it has two major advantages compared to all the rest. 1. It makes the best bread. 2. The drive unit in the base of the bread pan is replaceable unlike all the rest.This is the weak point in all breadmakers as it wears out in a couple of years regular use and it costs more to buy a replacement bread pan than a new machine.

kiwi_lad123, Aug 16, 9:31am
I have a Tefal,and I bake at least 2 - 3 loaves a week,no problems with it,

peter148, Aug 16, 2:38pm
Panasonic is worth paying twice the price for compared to Breville

deus701, Aug 16, 3:59pm

laofa, Aug 16, 11:35pm
does anyone have/use a Cascade breadmaker! Want to try gluten free bread in it,but it belongs to daughter and she has misplaced instruction manual!

korban, Aug 19, 2:22am
This is the model that came out tops in the Consumer Magazine test.I am off shopping next week for one.

Thanks all for your replies.

wron, Aug 19, 9:10am
I got one recently from the Appliance Shed in Auckland for $227, a bit more from Harvey Norman, phone around!

ibcreative, Aug 19, 9:24am
It really, really is. Panasonics definitely make far superior bread. I would never buy anything else.

klc1, Aug 19, 10:48am
Have had mine for 6 weeks now and love it, no more buying bread at the supermarket.Such a lovely smell throughout the house.

shiyo, Aug 19, 4:23pm
panasonic on special at harvey norman for $220 this week.good buy

porthills, Aug 19, 8:40pm
Panasonic is the one consumers recommend. I have a Breville Ikon (not sure if they make it now but it was quite a bit more expensive than the Panasonic), no problems with it, love the viewing window.Quite noisy though when it comes on in the early hours.

auburn4, Aug 20, 5:48am
Have a Tefal and it makes great bread and is easy to use and trouble free.

orcawhale, Aug 20, 5:52am
george foreman.

we also have another one which is like a breville

wron, Aug 20, 7:00am
The Panasonic is also incredibly quiet compared to some of the other brands - you barely know its there.

korban, Aug 20, 7:21am
I am off to get a Panasonic one next week.Thanks everyone.

torrigreen, Aug 22, 5:01am
+ 10!I have one and I LOVE IT!I bake a fresh loaf every day and the kids have fresh bread for lunch every morning.Don't worry that it doesn't have a window as the recipe is so great that it mixes it perfectly every single time.I use the basic white loaf most of the time, and I've worked it out to be about 85c a loaf, so great value!

wron, Aug 22, 9:00am
torrigreen, do you leave the crust setting at the default setting ie medium! I've never changed it when making a plain white loaf but have wondered what the darker setting would be like.Trying a loaf with an egg in it tonight from George Dayley's 1st book - a slightly sweet one - due out about 11 - you can't use time delay with a beaten egg which is added to the water.

korban, Aug 22, 9:30am
I have my new Panasonic Breadmaker on the bench on time delay.I can't wait to wake up and smell fresh bread in the morning.

pickles7, Aug 22, 9:37am
I always add another 1 or 2 Tbsp of water, if my Panasonic is grunting. It pays to do this. Once you have sorted out one loaf, per new bag of flour, you know if the extra water is required.

torrigreen, Aug 22, 11:23am
Hi!No, I actually change it to Light so that the crust is just crunchy on the edges . so yum!I also just make the smallest size loaf and it still rises to the top of the pan - just the perfect size for a day's lunches for 3 kids and afternoon tea (plus I keep the 2 end pieces myself as I LOVE those for breakfast with a bit of butter!LOL).I also invested in a Breville slicing guide and it really is the best thing since sliced bread (exuse the pun!)I get about 12 slices of bread out of one loaf and they are all perfect sandwich slices (plus my 2 crusts pieces of course!).No more chunky odd looking slices that make you waste so much bread!Highly recommend!