Rice bubble cakes any one got the simple recipe

doreenf, Aug 14, 2:34am
please really feel like some nice choccie ones

jessie981, Aug 14, 2:42am
a lovely rice bubble biscuit recipe is this one, they are so nice.
100gr butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 cup flour,
1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 cup rice bubbles,
Cream the butter & sugar & honey. Add dry ingredients & mix well. Roll into balls, not too big, onto a greased tray, gently flatten,bake at 140c for 15-20 minutes, until golden, loosen with a knife then let cool on the tray.

Quoteraebea (158 )9:20 pm, Sun 15 Aug #
Poster added that she had made & added choc chips.
You can venture into the lefthand mesage board & under keyword put what you want. Under date posted put last year.

doreenf, Aug 14, 2:45am
thank you for that but wanted the kremelta ones quick and easy but will keep your recipe as well

jessie981, Aug 14, 2:52am
Guessed that's what you wanted. Have you tried the mesage board!

jessie981, Aug 14, 2:53am

happybaby, Aug 14, 10:21am
similar to rice bubble cakes, i varied that by adding heaps of seeds & cereals (i.e. muesli bars).
the base basically is the same (butter & honey), peanut butter optional:
50 g butter + 1/2 cup honey + 1/4 cup peanut butter > moderate heat in pot till bubbly, remove from heat after another 2mins or so.
just add your rice bubbles or anything else
(i use cereals, linseed, sunflower seeds,sesame seeds, walnuts, cranberries, choc chips, coconut threads & whatever sitting around in the pantry really)
mix & stir into the butter mixture
spoon into greased tin, pressed down with spatula/spoon/anything flat
stand to cool, cut into bars

frances1266, Aug 14, 7:32pm
Can you use margarine instead of butter or is it the butter that sets the ricebubbles.

justcat, Aug 15, 12:03am
1.5 cups marshmallows
60 g butter
2.5 cups rice bubbles
quarter cup hundreds and thousands

Grease an 18 x 28 cm baking tin. Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Pour over combined rice bubbles and hundreds and thousands. Pour into prepared tin, smooth surface. Allow to cool and set before cutting into bars.
You could ice it with melted chocolate before cutting into bars, or substitute chocolate chips for the hundreds and thousands.

happybaby, Aug 15, 2:38am
i suppose it'll be ok though i've never use margarine. Give both a try & see which u prefer in taste. It's all trial & error.

creek, Aug 15, 2:41am
slice
3 moro bars
50gms butter melt together then add I think 3 cups ricebubbles and let set

whiskey13, Aug 15, 10:40am
Anyone got the recipe that uses honey and either natella or peanut butter! I cant remember what the steps were and i can't remember where i put the recipe

smiggles15, Aug 15, 10:43am
This one has pnut butter

smiggles15, Aug 15, 10:45am
This is gross - I made it a few months ago and didn't like it at all.