Jamie Oliver 60 minutes meals tonight

karlymouse, Aug 13, 11:41am
I missed the beginning of the Ragu Pasta. came in when he was cooking something in the pan then added balsamic and garlic. can someone update me on what was in the pan.Thanks

southerngurl, Aug 13, 11:44am
umm there was chopped carrots, and celery and something else that had been smashed in a blender with 80% mince meat sausages.

245sam, Aug 13, 12:31pm
karlymouse, here's the link to Jamie's recipes for the meal as seen on TV1, Saturday 13 August:-

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/jool-s-pasta-with-frangipane-tart-meal

sumstyle, Aug 13, 8:28pm
Just by the by - the fennel seeds - I'm not keen on the flavour that I *think* fennel has, all based on childhood memories of the overpowering stench of wild fennel on hot summer's days at primary school.

Does the addition in cooking of the seeds perhaps work out into a different flavour than I am expecting!(A bit like learning the difference as a novice cook between the taste of raw and cooked garlic)

katienz11, Aug 13, 8:32pm
Im like you Sumstyle, not keen on the smell.I had fennel soup once.It was revolting.Maybe seeds are different though!

davidt4, Aug 13, 9:42pm
Fennel seeds do not taste the same as fresh wild fennel.They have a nutty aniseedy flavour and are especially good toasted.

karlymouse, Aug 13, 10:26pm
Thanks everyone. will give this a try.

lindylambchops1, Aug 13, 10:28pm
Love his program!Love his cooking!

kamitchell, Aug 14, 5:24am
This did look yummy, will definitely give it a go.Jamie Oliver is awesome!

sumstyle, Aug 14, 5:52am
Hmm, ok you are trustworthy!I shall give them a go.

245sam, Aug 14, 12:31pm
karlymouse, here's the link to Jamie's recipes for the meal as seen on TV1, Saturday 13 August:-

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/jool-s-pasta-with-frangipane-tart-meal

sumstyle, Aug 14, 8:28pm
Just by the by - the fennel seeds - I'm not keen on the flavour that I *think* fennel has, all based on childhood memories of the overpowering stench of wild fennel on hot summer's days at primary school.

Does the addition in cooking of the seeds perhaps work out into a different flavour than I am expecting!(A bit like learning the difference as a novice cook between the taste of raw and cooked garlic)

kamitchell, Aug 18, 6:05am
I tried this yesterday; it's super easy, and all of my kids like it (they are all very fussy and like different things!), and they ask for 2nds and 3rds! Thankyou Jamie Oliver :)

jaybee6, Aug 18, 8:23am
Hmmmm made it and it was a winner. Lovely.

kamitchell, Aug 19, 6:05am
I tried this yesterday; it's super easy, and all of my kids like it (they are all very fussy and like different things!), and they ask for 2nds and 3rds! Thankyou Jamie Oliver :)