Quick Triffle

lukelisab, Aug 13, 2:16am
I am wanting to make a quick Triffle. I dont want Jelly in it. Anyone got any nice quick easy recipes!Thanks :)

harrislucinda, Aug 13, 2:20am
linebowlwithspongeputincanoffruitmakecustardpour oversetthenwhippedcreamYoucanspreadspongewithraspberryjam

lukelisab, Aug 13, 2:21am
Thats easy!

lindylambchops1, Aug 13, 2:34am
add sliced bananas for extra yum!I lay them under the custard.

helen65018, Aug 13, 2:46am
Make up a packet mousse if you haven't got custard - or just fancy a change!

agnes8, Aug 13, 3:22am
I slice through the trifle sponge (from the supermarket) horizontally then spread one half with jam.blackcurrent is the nicest then sandwich the two pieces together. Cut into small squares and pop into your serving bowl ( I use a glass one)
Add a little bit of water to some sherry and pour over the cake pieces. Don't make it too soggy.Make custard and when coolish pour that over and with a knife gently poke the blade down here and there so that the custard mingles with the cakepieces. Spread over whipped cream and garnish with finely chopped walnuts.absolutely the best trifle believe me.

pickles7, Aug 13, 4:04am
Trifle ###### first timers
If you have never made a trifle before, here is a very simple recipe .
Split a trifle sponge in half-----jam both sides, place sliced peaches over one piece, scatter some chopped walnuts over and put the other piece of sponge on top.Cut it into 2 cm squares, scatter into a serving dish and splash over 1/4-1/2 a can of ginger-ale[ do not swamp it, [better to be a little dry, than wet] Pour over custard, using a knife to make holes for the custard to get right into the sponge.leave to set, cover with cling wrap, put in fridge to chill , Smother with whipped cream to serve.If You are up to it, freeze what you may have left and use for New Year.I put up first timers , it is so easy. if you wish you could buy the custard to make this trifle.I always serve jelly separate

Egg yolk custard

put into a bowl
6 egg yolks, 1/3 cup of cornflour, whisk in 1 cup of milk.
set aside.
Put in a saucepan
1 & 1/4 cups of whole milk, 2 tsp vanilla
sprinkle over the milk 2/3 cup of sugar
Do not stir, put on stove and watch for it to simmer.
Add a little hot milk into the cold, while whisking, maybe half, then pour it back into the saucepan, return to the heat. I turned my element down by 1/4.
stir with a wooden spoon until it is nice and thick.
This custard sets real fast, as soon as I noticed it thickening I removed it from the stove, kept whisking while it finished cooking.
I have covered it with cling film to stop it skinning over

rozke, Aug 13, 4:57am
lused to make this at the beach.buy a jam roll and ready made custard add the ingredients you prefersherry fruit nuts whatever.Beat cream add decorations. Refrigerate for at least half an hour to 45 minutes

asue, Aug 13, 9:54am
trifle as above but you can now buy instant pudding custard for trifle.Just beat with milk and add to sponge etc when thickened.So easy.

karlymouse, Aug 13, 11:44am
I buy Salviordi biscuits.dip quickly in either orange juice and some alcohol if you like it . or coffee - blackline in glass bowl. keep a few then layer some

1.defrosted frozen berry mixture if using coffee then some whipped cream mixed with a toning yoghut.

2.if using orange and alcohol add some drained sliced peaches and
layer using whipped cream mixed with a toning yoghurt

Grate some chocolate over the top- ready in 30 minutes

lukelisab, Aug 14, 3:29am
Sssooo many yummy idears to try! Cant wait.

usualsuspect, Aug 14, 12:44pm
cut up your sponge pour over the juice of a tin of boysenberries and let it soak the sponge i usually mix it with a spoon cause i like it evenly thru the sponge next cover with the drained boysenberry fruit then cover with store bought custard and then top with whipped cream and chocolate shaving or more boysenberries if you have them ~ drained of course.yumbo.there is never any left when i serve it.