Jamie's 30 minute meals

mazzy1, Jul 30, 5:34am
I got this cookbook for Christmas (thanks darling, but I know your cunning plan to never have to cook again). It's quite amazing. I had filed it away but just started watching his programme on TV and hauled it out the other day. Thai Red Curry Prawns on the menu tonight. He says if you get yourself organised with all your utensils and ingredients etc, it's easy to get a meal on the table in 30 minutes. I have made quite a few recipes in it already - really good and quite simple for the most part!

lindylambchops1, Jul 30, 9:35am
Daughter has just bought me the book too.Loving the programme can't wait to try some of the recipes.

fisher, Jul 30, 10:43am
Whats the book called and is it based on this 30 min tv series?

katienz11, Jul 30, 8:40pm
I watched it on TV last night, and cant get over how much oil he uses!

kelz03, Jul 30, 9:11pm
Jamie Oliver is the king of extra virgin olive oil, he literally adds it to everything he cooks - no matter what it is!! It is a bit off putting the amount he uses.

rozski, Jul 30, 9:16pm
That Thai meal was awesome, we made it the other night

Helps that I LOVE coriander :D

mike92, Jul 30, 9:22pm
Even the 'pinch' of salt is huge to what I'd do!

mazzy1, Jul 30, 10:53pm
Yep - that had to be one of the nicest Thai Red Currys I have ever made! I didn't have coconut milk, so used lite coconut cream instead, and substituted green beans for snowpeas. The gravy was really rich and spicy and authentic. I agree Jamie tends to use very generous serves of olive oil - "lugs", as he calls them, but it's all down to personal taste.

racheee, Jul 31, 2:38am
Love Jamie's recipes, and he seems fantastic too.His recipe book and series when he goes to Morocco, Spain, France etc is fantastic too.Most of the meals I cook come from Jamie Does or Jamie's 30 Minute Meals. Yum yum yum!

mazzy1, Jul 31, 3:06am
Tonight I'm trying Killer Jerk Chicken and Portugese Tarts, since I'm on a roll!

suie1, Jul 31, 5:41am
Yes & did you know the Italians don't heat Olive oil, it has a very low burn temp & heating it makes it lose it's health giving properties.

sting9, Aug 10, 2:51am
Did anyone catch hoe he did his 30 min roast spuds!
If so I would love to try them.