Ganache

Page 2 / 2
rusty-bones, Aug 2, 6:30am
Yum so you melt any choc and add how much ceam! Is the cream whipped! What's the teture like hard or soft! So would you put it on a slice and maybe a cake.
Sorry all the questions, why have'nt I heard about this.

fee1965, Aug 2, 6:44am
i am gonna make some choc orange tarts for an event soon, just add some orange zest and pour into pastry shells.They set up good, but not so hard they crack.Will top em with a few strands of candied orange peel.

winnie231, Aug 2, 7:03am
I support Whittakers as a good general use chocolate. The milk is 30% & it goes up from there. Definately makes good ganache!!

aly5, Aug 2, 7:20am
You know when you get that extra rich chocolate cake and there is this thick layer of chocolate icing over it!It's kind of gooey but not runny, sometimes there is a "chewiness" to it rather than a stickiness! Or when you get a chocolate truffle that's just pure soft chocolate when you bite into it! That's just a couple of uses of ganache. I use equal amounts of cream to chopped chocolate that has been heated together till it melts. I've used it for icing those special cakes, or as a filling for chocolate tarts.

shop-a-holic, Aug 2, 12:08pm
GANACHE is not "icing". So don't even think that a googy molten delicious chocolate will give you a grainy, sugary topping like icing.
Don't compare apples with oranges, or the german/austrian/danish icings to the French.
Ganache is also used as the centres of famed "chocolate truffles".

NOT ANY CHOCOLATE will give you the best result.

Because you are adding cream, butter etc to chocolate, by doing so, weaken the structure, so the highest Cacao rating in chocolate will give you a fab finish and result.

If you depend on chocolate which is either Milk, White, or plain cooking chocolate will disappoint. Those molecules have already been stretched to their limits, and once worked with, can never be put back together, resulting in collapsed, or separated, split outcomes.

craftylady1, Aug 2, 7:25pm
I love watching those cupcake programmes on Food TV and they often use ganache.what type of choc is the best, and where can u buy it!

winnie231, Aug 3, 7:03am
I support Whittakers as a good general use chocolate. The milk is 30% & it goes up from there. Definately makes good ganache!