Spilt milk

janienz1, Jul 28, 3:41am
The good news is I'm not really crying over it, but any hints on stopping it stinking the car out for weeks would be much appreciated :)

babytears, Jul 28, 3:56am
Ewww.... have you scrubbed the area?

janienz1, Jul 28, 4:04am
Yep with v hot water and disinfectant - will have another go at it now - any suggestions on cleaning products to use ?

shaggydad, Jul 28, 4:09am
according to my book of clean it fast it says to do the following
mix 1/4 teaspoon liquid dishwashing detergent in 1 cup lukewarm water.
blot area with the solution then rinse with warm water you may have to rinse several times to fully remove the solution

winnie231, Jul 28, 4:16am
**SHUDDER!!!**

Can't stand that smell - I can still remember my Aunt's car smelling like this from my cousins bottle ... and that was 33 yrs ago!!

As for the cure - cover the area thickly with baking soda - leave for 24hrs then vaccum off & repeat if necessary. Good luck!!!

janienz1, Jul 28, 4:20am
Thank you - I will do both. Trouble is I am away for 2½ days as of tomorrow morning so the baking soda will be on for a while ...

winnie231, Jul 28, 4:21am
It won't hurt to leave the baking soda on ... if anything it may help as sometimes repeat applications are necessary.

janienz1, Jul 28, 4:22am
Thanks again winnie :)

elliehen, Jul 28, 4:46am
janienz1, if all else fails try the remedy for taking skunk smell from car tyres - from the USA - Tomato Juice!

janienz1, Jul 28, 6:28am
Cheers ellie - will do - I had heard that one for skunks but didn't think of it for milk :)

eastie3, Jul 28, 7:08am
There is a product called Nil Odor that can be bought at the pharmacy.

rainrain1, Jul 28, 7:16am
I wonder would Nilodor work...from your chemist I think
Whoops sorry, has already been suggested :-)

janienz1, Jul 29, 3:41am
The good news is I'm not really crying over it, but any hints on stopping it stinking the car out for weeks would be much appreciated :)

babytears, Jul 29, 3:56am
Ewww. have you scrubbed the area!

janienz1, Jul 29, 4:04am
Yep with v hot water and disinfectant - will have another go at it now - any suggestions on cleaning products to use !

winnie231, Jul 29, 4:16am
**SHUDDER!**

Can't stand that smell - I can still remember my Aunt's car smelling like this from my cousins bottle . and that was 33 yrs ago!

As for the cure - cover the area thickly with baking soda - leave for 24hrs then vaccum off & repeat if necessary. Good luck!

janienz1, Jul 29, 4:20am
Thank you - I will do both. Trouble is I am away for 2½ days as of tomorrow morning so the baking soda will be on for a while .

winnie231, Jul 29, 4:21am
It won't hurt to leave the baking soda on . if anything it may help as sometimes repeat applications are necessary.

janienz1, Jul 29, 6:28am
Cheers ellie - will do - I had heard that one for skunks but didn't think of it for milk :)

rainrain1, Jul 29, 7:16am
I wonder would Nilodor work.from your chemist I think
Whoops sorry, has already been suggested :-)