Anyone going to the Auckland Food Show

supercook, Jul 22, 12:59am
Anyone going to Auckland Food Show next week. I haven't been for 4 year thought might go have a look. Anyone been on the preview day Thursday you pay more but less people?

buzzy110, Jul 22, 1:27am
I'm in two minds. I am pretty much over the food show. It is not as good as the first few years. Too many wine stands which I couldn't taste or I'd be written off. Too many household food manufacturers that I don't need to pay good money to go and see because they are on every shelf in every supermarket and have been forever.

BUT I keep thinking they may have something or some product which is new and innovative that I might be interested in which would make it all worthwhile.

I remember one year they had Korean Air. They made a fantastic dish and gave out small tubes of the most amazing chilli paste to go with it but you couldn't buy either the dish or the paste in any shop. Sheesh. What was the point?

antoniab, Jul 22, 2:40am
Im going on Thursday - went on Thursday last year too and there were LOADS of people but the time we got to the last room.
I LOVE IT! but I hate the people that just hog the tasters taking up all the room and never buy anything!!! Mum and I are always loaded down with bags of goodies hehehe

antoniab, Jul 22, 2:40am
Hey I have some of that chilli paste in my fridge let from when I flew back from the UK with them :)

samsnan, Jul 22, 2:45am
A $25.00 I think it is getting too expensive now. When it started around 91 it was free and then it went to $5.00 for a while and gradually it has crept up to now being $25. And yes I also think there are too many wine stands. So probably will not be going this year.

a

lythande1, Jul 22, 3:35am
+1

Haven't been to one for ages - I was thinking $25!!!! And wine should be at the drinks show, not food. Last time I went all the p**heads were jammed in like sardines, fighting to get at the stuff and making a traffic jam.

dilligaf_dah, Jul 24, 12:27am
where is the ASB grounds what bus would one take

smileeah, Jul 24, 12:32am
I'd love to go but alas I live too far away and have too many children to look after here lol.
My Brother in law will be there showing his Manuka Smoked Eggs and concentrate.

buzzy110, Jul 24, 12:39am
Yeah. When they told us you couldn't buy it my daughter and I just kept coming back over and over again and getting the small give away tubes. It was the best chilli paste ever. There is nothing else like it anywhere.

buzzy110, Jul 24, 12:47am
It is next door to Alexander Park in Ellerslie and opposite Greenlane Hospital. I don't know about buses but anything that will take you to Greenlane Hospital, or up Manukau Roadwould be suitable.

leigh71, Jul 24, 12:55am
I went last year & I'm sure I ate my money's worth in tasting, I bought some interesting items, learnt a bit & still buy some of the food I was I first tasted there.

korbo, Jul 24, 4:22am
would love to go, but went to senz instead. then on holiday.
would just love to watch alison and simon and all the other cooks.

dilligaf_dah, Jul 24, 5:25am
thanks buzzy thats a great help

spotswood, Jul 24, 6:47am
I'm going to the show but decided to see what the preview day is like.Seeing it's in the school holidays this year there will be heaps of kids at the other days.........I 'm guessing the mums won't be paying more for the kids on preview day!Here's hoping !!

gojojo2, Jul 24, 8:29am
Interestingly this used to be named "Food & Wine" show. I've been the past 5 years and love it to bits but hubby not so keen this year. (Old age and not liking crowds? lol) It's a show, accept there will be queues and baby stollers (bummer!) but I would personally recommend this. Simply devoted to food & wine which is what I'm interested in. As for a craft show, pass thanks - but again, my personal interest

guest, Jul 26, 10:44pm
We went to the Food Show a few years ago on the preview day, it was sooo much better than going on the weekend, didnt have to fight our way thru the crowds etc. We were able to get in and talk more to the stall holders etc, not to mention far more chance of getting more samples ! Ideal price if theres only a few of you, but if you're taking a family group, it would certainly add up.