Alison Holst marvellous muffins, bran apple recipe

hootenanny, Jul 21, 1:22am
x1
Hi
I lent the above book to a friend (mistake) and it never came back (should have known)...I used to make the bran apple recipe all the time and really miss it, does anyone have it?

245sam, Jul 21, 2:05am
x1
hootenanny, I have Alison Holst's Marvellous Muffins book but I cannot see a recipe for Bran Apple/Apple Bran Muffins in that book, or in the follow up book More Marvellous Muffins.In the third muffin book of Alison's (and Simon's), "Healthy & delicious muffins" there is a recipe for Sultana and Apple Bran Muffins - could that be the recipe you're wanting?

In the Marvellous Muffin book these are the muffins that include bran.....
Basic Bran Muffins
Fruited Honey Muffins - Allbran and wheat bran
Banana Bran Muffins
Kiwi Bran Muffins
Date & Yoghurt Muffins - wheat bran
Banana Allbran Muffins - Allbran
Tutti Fruity Muffins - oat bran
Bulk Bran Muffins

Happy to help with the recipe you're wanting but just not sure which one that is.:-))

hootenanny, Jul 21, 2:40am
Hi
I think its the kiwi bran one, I just used to replace with apple- Thank you so much for taking the time, I really appreciate it.

245sam, Jul 21, 2:50am
x2
ok, here you are hootenanny.....

Alison Holst’s KIWI BRAN MUFFINS
2 cups self-raising flour
½ cup each ofwheat branandbrown sugar
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
50g butter
1 household tbsp golden syrup
1 egg
1 cup milk
3 medium kiwifruit, cubed
¼ cup chopped walnuts

Measure the first 5 ingredients into a large bowl and toss to mix.
In a saucepan or microwave bowl heat the butter and golden syrup until liquid and mixable.Add the egg and milk and beat with a fork to mix.
Peel and chop the kiwifruit into 7mm cubes.
Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, add the chopped kiwifruit and walnuts and fold together to combine without overmixing.
Divide the mixture between 12 medium muffin pans which have been well coated with Chef Mate non-stick spray.
Bake at200°Cfor12-15 minutes, until the centres of the muffins will spring back when lightly pressed.
Variation:Replace the kiwifruit with 1-1½ cups other raw cubed fruit.:-))

hootenanny, Jul 21, 2:55am
x1
You are a star! Thank you so much, I just wanted some lighter bran ones for the kids. Big heartfelt thanks to you.

hootenanny, Jul 22, 1:22am
Hi
I lent the above book to a friend (mistake) and it never came back (should have known).I used to make the bran apple recipe all the time and really miss it, does anyone have it!

245sam, Jul 22, 2:05am
hootenanny, I have Alison Holst's Marvellous Muffins book but I cannot see a recipe for Bran Apple/Apple Bran Muffins in that book, or in the follow up book More Marvellous Muffins.In the third muffin book of Alison's (and Simon's), "Healthy & delicious muffins" there is a recipe for Sultana and Apple Bran Muffins - could that be the recipe you're wanting!

In the Marvellous Muffin book these are the muffins that include bran.
Basic Bran Muffins
Fruited Honey Muffins - Allbran and wheat bran
Banana Bran Muffins
Kiwi Bran Muffins
Date & Yoghurt Muffins - wheat bran
Banana Allbran Muffins - Allbran
Tutti Fruity Muffins - oat bran
Bulk Bran Muffins

Happy to help with the recipe you're wanting but just not sure which one that is.:-))

245sam, Jul 22, 2:50am
x1
ok, here you are hootenanny.

Alison Holst’s KIWI BRAN MUFFINS
2 cups self-raising flour
½ cup each ofwheat branandbrown sugar
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
50g butter
1 household tbsp golden syrup
1 egg
1 cup milk
3 medium kiwifruit, cubed
¼ cup chopped walnuts

Measure the first 5 ingredients into a large bowl and toss to mix.
In a saucepan or microwave bowl heat the butter and golden syrup until liquid and mixable.Add the egg and milk and beat with a fork to mix.
Peel and chop the kiwifruit into 7mm cubes.
Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, add the chopped kiwifruit and walnuts and fold together to combine without overmixing.
Divide the mixture between 12 medium muffin pans which have been well coated with Chef Mate non-stick spray.
Bake at200°Cfor12-15 minutes, until the centres of the muffins will spring back when lightly pressed.
Variation:Replace the kiwifruit with 1-1½ cups other raw cubed fruit.:-))

juliewn, Jul 23, 4:57am
x1
Hi Hootenanny.. I saw your thread here recently, and today while browsing at a book fair, I saw the Alison Holst book - Marvellous Muffins - with the Kiwi Bran Muffin recipe in..

It's not in fantastic condition - clearly the recipes have been well-loved as there are cooking marks through the book & it's coming away from the cover at the bottom..

However,if you would like it - a gift.. at no cost whatsoever, including for postage, please leave a note here & I'll create a listing for it..we can then make contact so I can send it to you..

Cheers.. Julie

koreth, Jul 23, 8:00pm
x1
What a nice thought juliewn :)

juliewn, Jul 24, 4:57am
Hi Hootenanny. I saw your thread here recently, and today while browsing at a book fair, I saw the Alison Holst book - Marvellous Muffins - with the Kiwi Bran Muffin recipe in.

It's not in fantastic condition - clearly the recipes have been well-loved as there are cooking marks through the book & it's coming away from the cover at the bottom.

However,if you would like it - a gift. at no cost whatsoever, including for postage, please leave a note here & I'll create a listing for it.we can then make contact so I can send it to you.

Cheers. Julie

juliewn, Jul 30, 4:03pm
Thanks Koreth. :-)

and bumping for Hootenanny.