Affordable but good mixer

tills7, Jul 19, 10:21pm
Hi there, hoping to purchase a mixer soon, I do a lot of baking at home and have heard kenwoods are great, can anyone tell me which types are affordable but do a good job for a home baker. I looked up some reviews on the Pattisier model and some people thought the mixer part didn't reach the bottom of the bowl etc.

lcscott, Jul 19, 10:24pm
the only thing that actually reaches the bottom of the bowl is a wooden stirrer lol and its cheap!!I use mine a lot still

magenta, Jul 19, 11:04pm
If you really want a good mixer on a budget buy an old Kenwood model.I bought mine (well used) over 15 years ago and it is still going strong.I know simeone who managed to wear her motor out. She was a semi professional.Rather than buy a new one she had the motor replaced.Despite having lots ofgadgets, my wooden spoongets the most use.

deus701, Jul 20, 3:53am

eastie3, Jul 20, 4:33am
If I understand you OP,you are looking at a more moderately priced mixer ?

I have a Breville Whizz Mix Professional which I bought at Briscoes I think (although it could have been Noel Leeming) about three years or so ago.I have been very happy with it.It makes a mean pav which takes about 20plus minutes of beating flat out and has a dough hook for bread making.I can't remember the price,probably around $300 - $400,no more.If I had a bigger budget I would go for a Kitchen Aid as I read here that the new Kenwoods are not as good as the old models,but if your budget is more like mine,the Breville is excellent.