quick and easy cupcakes

oreo115, Dec 12, 8:17am
Does anyone have a quick and easy recipe for cupcakes that are popular with kids . Want to makeand decorate them for the children in my class. Thanks

pam.delilah, Dec 12, 8:28am
here are three recipes

easy Cupcakes:

125gms soft butter,
125gms flour
125gms sugar,
2 eggs room temperature
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 to 3 tablespoons milk

preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
Put all of the ingredients for the cupcakes except for the milk into a food processor and blitz while adding the milk down the funnel, to make a smooth dropping consistency.
Divide the mixture between a 12 muffin tin lined with cupcake papers, and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
They should have risen and be golden on top. Let them cool a little in their tins on a rack, and then take them carefully out of the tin to cool in their papers, still on the wire rack.

ORANGE CUPCAKES
6 tbsps butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp freshly grated orange peel
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, use electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and baking soda together until fluffy. On low speed, beat in the egg, then sour cream, then orange juice. At this point the batter will look curdled. Beat in the flour to blend. Spoon into the paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

Vanilla one mix Cupcakes
125g softened unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g caster sugar (2/3 of a cup)
3 eggs (room temperature if possible)
225g self raising flour (1½ cups)
60ml milk (¼ of a cup)
Method:
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180ºC). Line two deep 12-hole patty pans with paper cases
2. Combine ingredients in small bowl of electric mixer; beat on low speed until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium; beat about 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and changed to a paler colour
3. Drop slightly rounded tablespoons of mixture into paper cases.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
5. Turn cakes onto wire rack; turn top-side up to cool.

ctturner, Dec 13, 7:46am
I made the first cupcakes (the food processor ones) today with the help of my 3 year old grandson. They turned out perfectly, and tasted so much better than my usual recipe. And incredibly easy, perfect when you have little helpers!

oreo115, Dec 14, 7:07am
Thanks Pam made 2 batches of your cup cakes . They were a great hit withthe kids and staff. Theyloved them

bloggs28, Mar 18, 10:32am
Thanks Pam,
For starters I have not baked since a little girl, but my kids were missing out on these blimmin cup cakes, so I decided to make some. Thank god for your first recipe as it was a breeze and the kids love them they came outperfect to where my family didn't believe I had made them.
Now I am addicted and buying fancy bits and pieces to add to them.
Been lots of fun and now I have got my Mojo back for baking.
Cheers

andrea1978, Mar 18, 10:48am
pam. delilah I love the sound of the EASY cupcakes! I may just borrow my mum's food processor for my daughter's birthday party this weekend! :)I usually make things by hand, but I have such a lot to do that a few shortcuts would be great :)

kyla19, Nov 19, 8:18am
i use homebrands cake mix about 1. 99 and make it in muffin tins they are great and very quick and easy kids love them to ice and u can get three flavors i use the vinalla one ymmmm