Tomato soup using tinned tomatoe's

samsnan, Jun 19, 3:15am
Does anyone have a nice recipe for it. I find some of the tinned or packet ones leave an aftertaste. TIA

karenz, Jun 19, 5:06am
I finely chop onion, carrot and celery and cook in olive oil until tender, butter is also nice or a combination of olive oil and butter, then add a tin of tomato soup and blend, using a stick blender, you can add a little more water depending on taste and herbs and/or seasoning to taste.Fresh basil is good, so is parsley.

karenz, Jun 19, 5:07am
whoops tomatoes not tomato soup.Check that the tomatoes are Italian and not from somewhere in Asia thoug because they can be pale and tasteless.

mouse_y, Jun 19, 5:09am

nauru, Jun 22, 6:03am
I use a similar recipe but also add some tomato paste with the canned tomatoes.

chchgurl, Jun 22, 9:01am
I made some the other night, just used a couple of tins of tomatos, 1 cup of chicken stock, and half a cup of water. I had fried some onion off in a bit of olive oil before hand (if I'd had some celery I would have used that also). Just boiled it for a bit, and the whizzed it up. Put it through a sieve before you eat it though LOL S & P for seasoning, and thinned it outwith a little bit of milk before serving.

kbrough, Jun 22, 11:39pm
I sautee an onion, garlic, add a tin of Italian tomatoes, cambells vege stock and a half a cup of red lentils, cook for 25 mins then puree. Nice and thick and tasty.

samsnan, Jun 23, 3:40am
chchgurl so the milk wont make it curdle will it? I am always wary of adding milk to tomato because of curdling.Thankyou all for your help.