Kornie Buns

timturtle, Jun 5, 8:30am
x1
Is this them !

karenbnz, Jun 5, 8:31am
Thank you so much you have made my hubby and son happy!

bluecalico, Jun 10, 6:01am
Thanks TOmmy382.great recipe.made them this afternoon with sultanas and mixed peel.didn't make many.but delicious.thank you.

rainrain1, Jun 21, 10:58pm
Does anyone have a recipe for these please, i have lost mine

tommy382, Jun 22, 5:20am
x1
KORNIE BUNS
4 ozs butter4 ozs sugar
6 ozs flour1 teas B P2 eggsvanilla
1 teas Golden syrup1 cup dates
Cream butter & sugar, add eggs then syrup & vanilla& , beat well - add chopped dates then dry ingredients. Roll spoonfulls in kornies and bake in moderate oven.

rainrain1, Jun 22, 6:06am
thanks for the recipe tommy, they are nice with sultanas too

tommy382, Jun 22, 6:10am
I am very sorry for double posting -must have had the hiccups. I agree nice with sultanas

rainrain1, Jun 22, 6:45am
well i will have no excuse for losing your recipe now that i have it in duplicate

rainrain1, Jun 23, 8:56pm
tommy your recipe is excellent, nicer than the one I lost, nicer than the new world kornie buns, fun to make, and funner to eat !!!

jessie981, Jun 23, 9:06pm
rainrain/tommy did you use approx 1 - 2 c Kornies for coating? I will need to get some from Binn Inn. Thanx. Sounds a nicer recipe to the one I've made.

rainrain1, Jun 23, 9:11pm
more like two cups or three...the recipe hogs the kornies, but once cooked they are more spread out of course.I gave my buns away yesterday but am going to make more

jessie981, Jun 23, 9:31pm
Thanx, I've always used cornflakes & my recipe didn't have the golden syrup.
Oven temp was 150 10 - 15 mins. Is this about right..

rainrain1, Jun 23, 9:39pm
yes it was cornflakes i used not kornies, but either would do.No, oven 175, Mine were quite big so 15 or more minutes, I just guess really, and test top to make sure they're cooked

rainrain1, Jun 24, 8:56pm
tommy your recipe is excellent, nicer than the one I lost, nicer than the new world kornie buns, fun to make, and funner to eat !

jessie981, Jun 24, 9:06pm
rainrain/tommy did you use approx 1 - 2 c Kornies for coating! I will need to get some from Binn Inn. Thanx. Sounds a nicer recipe to the one I've made.

rainrain1, Jun 24, 9:11pm
more like two cups or three.the recipe hogs the kornies, but once cooked they are more spread out of course.I gave my buns away yesterday but am going to make more

jessie981, Jun 24, 9:31pm
Thanx, I've always used cornflakes & my recipe didn't have the golden syrup.
Oven temp was 150 10 - 15 mins. Is this about right.

rainrain1, Jun 24, 9:39pm
yes it was cornflakes i used not kornies, but either would do.No, oven 175, Mine were quite big so 15 or more minutes, I just guess really, and test top to make sure they're cooked