Wanted - dark, moist Chocolate cake - never fail!

Page 2 / 2
mallee, Jun 30, 12:54am
norse_westie, do you sift the dry ingredients!

bedazzledjewels, Jun 30, 1:51am
I've seen this thread a few times and it reminds of the chocolate cakes my grandmother used to make. They were virtually black and tasted incredible. I'd love to know how she got them like that. My mother used to reckon that Nanna tipped in a whole box of cocoa each time.
Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to chat to some of our long deceased relatives about the foods they cooked and ate.

norse_westie, Jun 30, 2:20am
No. I've never sifted anything ever, even when the recipe says to. I dont have a sifter. ;)

norse_westie, Jun 30, 2:21am
What sort of icing!

jphs, Jul 2, 1:22am
Made this last night and used Rice Bran oil and plunger coffee. Is easy and yummy. Only just cooked so moist and beautifully dark. Iced it this morning with ganache made with 68% cocoa chocolate. Myohmy.
The next one I am going to experiment and remove 1/2 the coffee and add an equivalent volume of pureed tinned boysenberries. Such an easy recipe - this is an American recipe I bet. They are real fans of oil based cakes rather than creaming butter and sugar.

barmanmyk, Jul 2, 1:55am
Cake not cooled before icing!

bev00, Jul 3, 12:32pm
some goodies here

supercook, Jul 3, 8:45pm
Sophie Gray's - Dana's chocolate cake gets whizzed up in food processor. Sorry in bed(school holidays) still so haven't got recipe close. But you could search on line or maybe on the search on trade me recipes.

zappi, Jul 3, 11:11pm
I agree with supercook.Sophie Grays - Dana's Chocolate cake is a winner.So chocolatey and moist. Yummy

sarahb5, Jul 3, 11:59pm
Here it is:

1 and 2/3 cup flour
one and 1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
100g softened butter
dash vanilla essence
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 cups milk

mix EVERYTHING together at once!

bake for 50 mins at 180c

the icing =

100g melted butter
250g icing sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
milk to mix

firemansgirl, Jul 4, 11:08am
CRUZIN1 - thank you, thank you thank you! I have made your cake, it's fantastic, soooo rich and beautiful and almost black in colour.And extra easy to make. Just the best chocolate cake I have made in a long, long time.