**ANYONE HAVE A RECIPE FOR A NICE MOIST CHOC CAKE*

shell156, Oct 14, 9:58pm
Its my sons 10th birthday and he wants a chocolate cake and my recipes seem to seem a bit dry. Also a nice chocolate Icing to finish it off...Please

campmum, Oct 14, 10:07pm
This one is very easy & yummy..posted by another message boarder.
One Bowl Chocolate cake
Roast pan size cake
3.5 c flour
3.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)
Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. Add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. This is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. Gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very similar to mud cake.
i use a basic choc icing..2 cups Icing sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa 1 tbsp butter & enough boiling water to makespreadable

shell156, Oct 14, 10:22pm
thanks for that campmum just written it all down..

samsnan, Oct 15, 2:52am
shell I also use this recipe but cut the sugar back by 1 cup. 31/2 cups of sugar is alot. It made no difference to the taste of the cake. Still a good easy recipe. Just remembered I also cut the cocoa back to 1 cup. Still all good though.

indy95, Oct 15, 5:26am
Snap, samsnan ! I made this cake as a birthday cake and also cut the sugar by one cup, the cocoa back to one cup and the liquid by about a cup. It still made a really lovely moist cake.

lisa2211, Oct 15, 8:11am
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CAKE - make in kitchen whizz
1&2/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp B.S
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
100g butter melted
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven 180c
Grease 20cm cake tin and line with greaseproof paper (very liquidy)
put all ingredients into whiz and pour into tin
bake for at least 50mins
the cake will raise alot and when cooked the centre should spring back when gently pressed or when skewer comes out clean

lisa2211, Oct 15, 8:16am
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CAKE ICING/ FILLING
100g butter melted
250g icing sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
milk to mix
tsp vanilla

Place butter and dry ingredients in whiz pulse to combine, add dash of milk and pulse again adding tiny amounts of milk untill you reach a thickish soft spreadable iicing - add vanilla
Cut cake in half spread some filly on lower half and jam if you wish replace top and ice with remaining icing

THIS IS A NON- FAIL YUMMY CAKE- WINNER EVERYTIME

molly37, May 31, 3:55pm
This is an awesome recipe. I use it all the time. Even better than my sour cream choc cake.