Moist smoothe creamy quiche recipes please

tramore, Oct 31, 3:59am
I once made such a quiche...I think it had cream in it and it was delicious.Lost that recipe now and can only find self crusting or ones that are firm in the centre.Anyone know of what I am thinking of with regards to this style of quiche?

sossie1, Oct 31, 4:06am
hi, i don't have the exact recipe on me, but basically, fry sliced onions in butter, make a white sauce around them using milk or cream + flour, then add the eggs and cheese to this mixture,

52many, Oct 31, 4:22am
This is mine. 1 onion finely chopped and lightly sauteed. Add bacon pieces and lightly fry until it smells good. Beat 6 eggs and add small cream, 1 tablespoon flour, salt & pepper. Beat until flour all dissolved. Sometimes I add the odd mushroom and then put cheese on top. Bake at 180 for about40-45 mins. For the pastry, in a wizz put 1 cup flour, 60grms butter, 2 tblsps cold water, pinch of BP,1 egg yolk, pinch salt, good squeeze lemon juice. Blend & roll out into flan dish. This pastry is awesome. Yummmm!!!

geldof, Oct 31, 4:33am
I think you are talking about Quiche lorraine.it used to be the only quiche around.

uli, Oct 31, 4:44am
Half the amount of flour and you will have a creamy centre :)

greerg, Oct 31, 4:59am
This is my salmon quiche recipe but I use the same ratios of cheese, cream, eggs for a roast vegetable quiche, spinach quiche etc.
400grms short pastry
Filling:300 mls light cream, 4 eggs, 120 grms grated cheese, 2 teasp cornflour, Slice of salmon fillet (5 cm wide), Sliced red onion roasted, salt and pepper to taste, 1 teasp dill tips, feta cheese

Preheat oven to 200oC.Roll out pastry to fit a 28 to 30 cm quiche dish.Refrigerate for 20 minutes, cover with baking paper and baking beans and bake blind for 15 minutes.Reduce oven to 160oC, remove beans and paper and bake for 5-10 minutes until pastry is dry and pale.Arrange pieces of cooked salmon and onion in the piecrust, mix all other ingredients except feta and pour over the salmon and onions.Dot feta on top and bake at 150oC for 40-45 minutes until the centre is just set.

ferita, Oct 31, 5:11am
I find adding silken tofu to a normal quiche mix (eggs and cream) makes for a creamy quiche

morleypak, Nov 1, 1:44am
you can make any flavour quiche but to make it creamy i use 1/2cup cream and 1/2 milk and 4 eggs, heres a recipe for a spinach and cheese quiche

half a block of short savoury pastry
cherry tomatoes
spinach
1 cup of grated cheese
4 eggs
1pkt maggi onion soup
1/2 cream
1/2 milk
parmesan cheese

roast tomatoes drizzled in oil for 5-10 mins at 180C, roll out pastry and place in tray,spread spinach over pastry then sprinkle grated cheese all over spinach, whisk the 4 eggs, cream, milk and onion soup mix together, pour over the spinach and cheese, then sprinkle grated cheese over the top, and place tomatoes randomly all over the top.bake at 180C for 20-30mins or untill cooked.

i use the same basis of this recipe, to make bacon or even mushroom quiches, and if you want can use different flavour soup mixes, super simple and easy, and really creamy.

tramore, Jul 13, 3:43pm
thank you everyone...that gives me plenty of ideas.