Tried & true recipes for Breville Pressure Cooker

christin, Jun 10, 10:13pm
Hi. Does anyone have anything they hae made in the above (electric) that has worked out well?

Looking for a lady who has bought one, used once and found not too good (too watery and veges didnt cook as well as they should).I hae a few recipes for the tefal one, but the timings seem slightly different for the breville one so trying to find some she can use!

Thanks!

lindylambchops1, Jun 11, 1:50am
Daughter bought me The New Zealand Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Lisa Loveday.It is an excellent book that I can recommend have many of the recipes.

christin, Jun 11, 7:38am
thanks. she got that with the pressure cooker.She just read in the breville book that you sholdnt operate without a litre of water, which is far too much so bit confused!

christin, Jun 11, 9:35pm
bumping as id like to get some that some people have used in the breville one.shes a bit scared of using it so want some stuff i know will work as dont want to put her off it lol.

artkat, Jun 13, 5:34am
A litre of water is far too much.
I can also recommend The New Zealand Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Lisa Loveday and the Australian Womans weekly pressure cook books. I have only had mine for a fortnight and have used it most nights. Have made curry, beef and chicken casseroles, corned beef, rice risotto, rice pudding, steamed pud. The only thing that didn't work was the steamed pud as I think the lid let in some water. Love that you can brown the meat first and it comes out so tender

lisapisa2, Jun 14, 12:52am
I've got the Breville Pressure cooker and the book too. I find it great and have used it with less liquid than 1 litre and no problems!

christin, Jun 17, 2:02am
thanks for that.I said a litre was too much going by my one (which is a tefal electric pressure cooker) but she says it was in the book.

whats the timing like? looking in the book that came with it, some of the recipes seem to take a couple of minutes longer than it would in mine, so wondering if she could use my recipe book as well or not.

i have to start using mine more, need a bigger freezer first though as only two of us and meals too big.have made a couple of chicken curry dishes and potatoe and leek soup (that we ended up with too much of!)

:-)

robman7, Jun 17, 3:33am
I have an older Prestige Pressure cooker which recommends "the minimum quantity of liquid required is 250ml for the first 1/4 hour of cooking, a further 125ml liquid must be added for each additional 1/4 hour or part of 1/4 hour cooking time ,i.e. for one hours cooking time 625ml."
A Litre of liquid sounds a lot. I have just bought The New Zealand Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Lisa Lovedayand have enjoyed some of the recipes, Its nice to see another book on pressure cooking.I only have one other book in my collection of cook books:Good Housekeeping Pressure Cookery published 1977 so its old, most likely the same vintage as my pressure cooker.

christin, Jun 17, 7:29pm
thanks.she has that book apparently (got it with the cooker).

i have about five pressure cooker books now, including one im about to sell as its way too gourmet for me lol.