Snndwich made in a tupperware ring

nick541, Jun 8, 3:19am
Does anyone know how to make that sandwich that you make in a tupperware jelly ring mould . When you turn it upside down and remove its like club sandwiches

samboy, Jun 8, 6:52am
I have seen that at a kitchen tea but never knew how it was made.It looked as though the thin slice bread was rolled quite thin and spread around the ring mould then filling in (one I saw had red salmon and salad) and then more thin rolled bread but not sure of exact recipe

sqiff, Jun 8, 7:33am
Club Sandwich in Jelly Mould
1 Loaf Norths Kibble wheat sandwich bread, buttered with crusts cut off.
2 hard boiled eggs, grated on a cheese grater, mix in 1 tsp milk, salt & pepper.
1 large finely sliced tomato
2 slices ham, cut in 3 lengthways, avocado, cucumber or asparagus
2 lettuce leaves sliced finely
mayonnaise
1 cup finely chopped dry parsley
grain mustard, salt & pepper

1 Take 4 slices of buttered bread and spread with cream cheese.
2Press bread, cream cheese side down into chopped parsley, so completely covered.
3 Slice bread in half to give you the widest slices.
4 Layer the bread parsley side down into the base of the mould, making sure you overlap the bread so it forms a circle on the outer edge of the mould.
5 Then layer egg followed by a layer of bread, making sure the bread is centered over the last join. [ie. like laying bricks ].
6 Layer asparagus then bread
7 Layer ham, mustard then bread.
8 Layer sliced tomato, salt & pepper then bread.
9 Using the back of a spoon, spread bread in mould with mayonnaise then cover with sliced lettuce and a final layer of bread.
10 Seal and refrigerate for two hours if possible. Can be made the day before.
Make sure you press each layer in firmly and always press to the outer edge of mould.
I have made this a lot and used what ever fillings I have on hand. It is great if going out for the day. I take it in the mould and tip it out when needed.

lx4000, Jun 8, 7:33am
layer it in there!! Line the mould with glad wrap first!! then when it comes to putting the lid on, make sure you have to squeeze it down to get it on! set in fridge for a few hours then take out and cut:)

Please correct me if I'm wrong!!

sqiff, Jun 8, 7:51am
I have never lined the mould with glad wrap and cannot see it written in the Simply Moulds recipe book but it could be a good idea. And you are right 1x4000 when you say to squeeze the lid down. Make sure the mould is really full so it is a firm fit and it won't fall apart when taken out to cut.

dollmakernz, Jun 8, 10:29am
I've got one of those moulds but never used it! Just another thing taking up space in the cupboard!

clgodkin, Jun 8, 11:07am
That sounds really interesting. Is that using one of the scolloped moulds? (don't know what else to call it)

griffo4, Jun 8, 8:46pm
l have made it a few times and used cheese spread on the bread and it works well and l put in all sorts of things and it is always a hit

deb1110, Jun 8, 8:54pm
there are heaps of cool things that can be made in the Tupperware jel ring - google. You can even make 'pizza' - layer of grated cheese in 1st then layer of toast sliced bread with crusts off and spread with tomato paste or pizza sauce. layers of all your usual pizza toppings with more cheese and bread, ending with bread. Put in fridge for 10 mins to 'set' whilst heating oven to 180 deg C (not fan bake) then turn out on lined oven tray and bake til golden. Yum!

lx4000, Jun 9, 7:33am
layer it in there! Line the mould with glad wrap first! then when it comes to putting the lid on, make sure you have to squeeze it down to get it on! set in fridge for a few hours then take out and cut:)

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

sqiff, Jun 9, 7:51am
I have never lined the mould with glad wrap and cannot see it written in the Simply Moulds recipe book but it could be a good idea. And you are right 1x4000 when you say to squeeze the lid down. Make sure the mould is really full so it is a firm fit and it won't fall apart when taken out to cut.

dollmakernz, Jun 9, 10:29am
I've got one of those moulds but never used it! Just another thing taking up space in the cupboard!

clgodkin, Jun 9, 11:07am
That sounds really interesting. Is that using one of the scolloped moulds! (don't know what else to call it)

deb1110, Jun 9, 8:54pm
there are heaps of cool things that can be made in the Tupperware jel ring - google. You can even make 'pizza' - layer of grated cheese in 1st then layer of toast sliced bread with crusts off and spread with tomato paste or pizza sauce. layers of all your usual pizza toppings with more cheese and bread, ending with bread. Put in fridge for 10 mins to 'set' whilst heating oven to 180 deg C (not fan bake) then turn out on lined oven tray and bake til golden. Yum!