Help please with a slice recipie

j4d, Jun 6, 11:19pm
it has a malt biscuit base an icing sugar and butter and condensed milk? centre with choc topping,,,,it is hubbies fav and his mum used to make it for him

245sam, Jun 6, 11:25pm
This one maybe j4d??

"NAINOMA BAR

Base: 4 oz butter (115g)
¼ cup sugar
3 tbs cocoa
1 egg - beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups crushed malt biscuits
1 cup coconut

Custard Mixture:
2 oz butter (55g)
2 cups icing sugar
2 tbs custard powder
2 tbs hot water

Topping:
2 oz cooking chocolate (55g)
1 tbs butter

Base: Melt butter, sugar and cocoa over low heat. Remove from heat, add beaten egg, then vanilla, crumbs and coconut. Line a slice tin with baking paper, pack with mixture, and place in fridge for 30 minutes.

Custard Mixture: Cream butter, icing sugar, custard powder, and hot water. Spread over base mixture, and replace in fridge.

Topping: Melt chocolate and butter over hot water, and spread over custard mixture. After an hour or so, take out and cut into neat small squares.

Will keep in fridge.

I hope it is okay to post this as it wasn't my recipe. I have to admit though, I did triple the chocolate for the top. I'm very weak when it comes to chocolate!!

I double the custard icing and usually make a thick layer of chocolate icing instead of using chocolate. I have been making this slice for 25 years and still love it.
petal1955 (145 )5:46 pm, Wed 1 Dec #3"

Hope that's the one.:-))

j4d, Jun 7, 11:19pm
it has a malt biscuit base an icing sugar and butter and condensed milk! centre with choc topping,,,,it is hubbies fav and his mum used to make it for him

245sam, Jun 7, 11:25pm
This one maybe j4d!

"NAINOMA BAR

Base: 4 oz butter (115g)
¼ cup sugar
3 tbs cocoa
1 egg - beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups crushed malt biscuits
1 cup coconut

Custard Mixture:
2 oz butter (55g)
2 cups icing sugar
2 tbs custard powder
2 tbs hot water

Topping:
2 oz cooking chocolate (55g)
1 tbs butter

Base: Melt butter, sugar and cocoa over low heat. Remove from heat, add beaten egg, then vanilla, crumbs and coconut. Line a slice tin with baking paper, pack with mixture, and place in fridge for 30 minutes.

Custard Mixture: Cream butter, icing sugar, custard powder, and hot water. Spread over base mixture, and replace in fridge.

Topping: Melt chocolate and butter over hot water, and spread over custard mixture. After an hour or so, take out and cut into neat small squares.

Will keep in fridge.

I hope it is okay to post this as it wasn't my recipe. I have to admit though, I did triple the chocolate for the top. I'm very weak when it comes to chocolate!

I double the custard icing and usually make a thick layer of chocolate icing instead of using chocolate. I have been making this slice for 25 years and still love it.
petal1955 (145 )5:46 pm, Wed 1 Dec #3"

Hope that's the one.:-))