Hamburger pattie recipie.

sandy19, Nov 25, 9:59am
does anyone have any good recipes for meat patties? i'd like to make hamburgers tomorrow night. they will be made from mince. thanks (:

margyr, Nov 25, 6:11pm
hi sandy19, mince, finely chopped onion, I also put oatmeal in mine but on tele last night the guy chopped up buns and put this with the mince, an egg, some tomato sauce, worchester sauce, garlic, if you want a bit of bite add some chilli. Squish this altogether and then with damp hands shape into patties, put in the fridge for about half an hour before cooking. Hope you enjoy your burgers.

greerg, Nov 25, 7:19pm
These are good - posted by Fisher long ago -
Mince Patties ..The baking powder helps hold their shape
Thaw you minced beef by placing in fridge overnight. Break up finely into a bowl...
Dice two med onions and place one in the mince and fry the other in a little oil till near burnt... Add cooked onion to mince.
Now add to the mince .. 2 cloves of crushed garlic, splash of soy sauce, tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce.
2 tsp chopped fresh oregano.. 1 egg, lightly beaten 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley ..11/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs.. 1 tsp baking powder...
Method:
Mix together well using your wet hands.. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper..
Form the mince mixture into round patties about 15mm thick...
Place the patties on the BBQ and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or slow cook in frypan on stove top using med heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve.

Edited by fisher at 3:38 pm, Sun 11 Jul

feris04, Nov 25, 7:27pm
500g of mince, 2-3 table spoons of stuffing mix, and an egg.
Mix while pan heats, then shape the patties after mixing then straight into pan.

lizab, Nov 25, 7:34pm
I just use mince, fresh breadcrumbs, finely chopped onion, grated cheese, chopped parsley, egg, a squirt of tomato sauce and seasonings.

bounce16, Nov 25, 9:44pm
If using pork mince then you don't need to add egg as it holds together on its own.Also really yummy with sweet chilli sauce, onion, plum sauce and thai seasoning.

Tip:Grate your onion into the mince as it will not fall out the patties when cooking yet you still get the full flavour of the onion!

oli3, Nov 26, 6:10pm
Just some tips to add:
Some whole coriander seeds - taste great and I love the texture, or whole cumin seeds, posh it up a it!
Or form the pattie around a sundried tomato or small cube of cheese (blue cheese is great if you like it), also poshes it up a bit.

fisher, Nov 27, 12:01am
whether cooking burger patties on the BBQ grill or in a frypan.. place a tsp of oil and lay the pattie on top.. LEAVE IT ALONE.. dont prod push move it...:} it will form a seal/crust as it browns and will be easy to flip without breaking up...another tsp of oil and repeat the process...

karenz, Sep 8, 10:51pm
Personally I hate patties with breadcrumbs or similar in them, I just lightly cook some finely chopped onion and garlic, wait for it to cool then mix through the meat, along with a little salt and pepper and maybe some herbs like oregano and basil, shape into patties and put into the fridge for a while to set.Then as #9 don't poke and prod and turn over every few seconds, once is enough.