Donut maker

mum2.4, Jun 6, 12:10am
i am not the best at baking and wonder is it easy to make donuts in a maker and would they freeze? thinking about making them for the kidsschool lunches

mum2.4, Jun 6, 2:11am
i guess there not that good then?

falcon-hell, Jun 6, 3:23am
good idea,maybe try freezing a few and see how it goes,years ago you used to be able to buy frozen donuts-the same as plain donuts from a fish and chip shop,and they were bloody brilliant,used to cost about $4 for 6 of them,i love donuts,they would be eaten here before they even got to the freezer,lol.

clare_mel, Jun 6, 4:34am
I make up batches and freeze them and the kids still devour them so they must be ok!!I use the basic recipe and then add all sorts of bits to it.Banana and chocolate chip is really nice and frozen boysenberries defrosted and mushed up.

dollmakernz, Jun 6, 4:37am
They are really nice, but not really a donut mix. Real donuts are quite bready but for the mini donut maker they are more like a pikelet mix. I'm not sure how they would freeze, as whenever I made them for our kids they disappeared within minutes! LOL!
Kids are grown up now and haven't used it for years but will have to remember to lug it out of the back of the cupboard to make some for our grandson!

four.mcs, Aug 20, 9:39am
Was wondering if you could post the recipe you use, I'm not very impressed with the one I have, thought it worth trying someone elses.

four.mcs, Aug 21, 9:39am
Was wondering if you could post the recipe you use, I'm not very impressed with the one I have, thought it worth trying someone elses.

mum2.4, Jun 6, 12:10am
i am not the best at baking and wonder is it easy to make donuts in a maker and would they freeze! thinking about making them for the kidsschool lunches

mum2.4, Jun 6, 2:11am
i guess there not that good then!

clare_mel, Jun 6, 4:34am
I make up batches and freeze them and the kids still devour them so they must be ok!I use the basic recipe and then add all sorts of bits to it.Banana and chocolate chip is really nice and frozen boysenberries defrosted and mushed up.

dollmakernz, Jun 6, 4:37am
They are really nice, but not really a donut mix. Real donuts are quite bready but for the mini donut maker they are more like a pikelet mix. I'm not sure how they would freeze, as whenever I made them for our kids they disappeared within minutes! LOL!
Kids are grown up now and haven't used it for years but will have to remember to lug it out of the back of the cupboard to make some for our grandson!