What to make with spinach?

sam447, Sep 7, 3:34am
Have already made a feta and spinach quiche. What other ideas have you got for two big bags of fresh spinach? TIA

battgirl, Sep 7, 3:37am
Just wilt it... serve it over some herb and garlic potato mash (or mashed butter beans) and slap a nice piece of spice encrusted grilled fish/chicken on top. Delish.

245sam, Sep 7, 3:37am
sam447, have a look at http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=23&t=542 - you'll find some yummy and varied recipes there that should make good use of your spinach. :-))

pericles, Sep 7, 3:38am
my favourite Spanakopita

meadze, Sep 7, 4:24am
my favourite. . Cook chicken, add garlic, ginger and sour cream or cream cheese, mushrooms, spinach, tiny bit of chopped onion to the mix, and then make filo parcels... Sooo good!

danielvds, Sep 7, 9:26am
I agree with meadze re filo parcels The other night I had smoked chicken that needed using so made parcels. Saute 1 chopped onion, garlic then added sliced mushrooms, chopped bacon, sliced sundried tomatoes and bite size pieces of smoked chicken. Add chopped spinach and cook until it is just wilted. Layer 3 sheets of filo (painted with melted butter between each sheet) and place 5 small knobs of cream cheese in the middle of the filo. Place a couple of large spoons full of the spinach mix on top and fold to contain the mix. Work fast as the filo will get moist and rip. Once wrapped brush with butter (or oil) and sprinkle with sesame seads. Bake for about 20min on about 160c. Serve with a salad

ruby19, Sep 7, 8:08pm
Spinach, feta & orzo salad. 448 g uncooked orzo pasta, 280 g baby spinach leaves, finely chopped,
225 g crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 red onion, finely chopped, 100 g pine nuts, 1/2 tsp dried basil ( or fresh to taste), 1/4 tsp ground pepper, 120 ml olive oil, 120 ml balsamic vinegar.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white pepper. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate and serve cold.

ruby19, Sep 7, 8:10pm
Spinach and cheese cannelloni, or lasagne. Stir it through your fav risotto. I have some growing in my garden can`t wait till it takes off!

glenleigh, Sep 7, 8:33pm
Spinnach, poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Lovely start to the day on the weekends.

janny3, Sep 11, 9:30am
See the silverbeet thread for more ideas

uli, Sep 18, 8:09am
spinach bump :)

gildon, Sep 18, 8:37am
Stir Fry Was doing a stir fry for dinner last night and shredded up some of our surplus spinach to add to it. Had no idea how it would go but it was fine and gave a nice flavour to the stir fry. Added it right at the end of the cooking and stirred around for just a minute or two.

evenmore, Sep 25, 11:40am
and again :)

uli, Oct 1, 11:45pm
spinach is bolting soon any more recipes? ? ?

uli, Oct 8, 8:45am
spinach bump
:)

nzwelly_gal, Oct 8, 10:44pm
oh yes i have spinach that needs 2 be eaten also, i pulled out chicken pieces last night 4 tea. Any ideas on how 2 do the spinach with chicken. TIA

fruitluva2, Nov 7, 9:54pm
ruby19 that spinach feta & orzo was lovely, thanx for sharing.