Whats your favourite homemade pizza toppings

Page 2 / 3
janny3, May 28, 10:34am
Thanks again!

janny3, Jun 15, 1:51pm

nzl99, Jun 15, 10:57pm
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1568087081860.2076266.1225939081&l=b0065520a4

My fav is fresh basil, tomato and buffalo mozzeralla... but there are a few ideas in that album. :-)

Just have some pizza dough in now for g/fs coming over for lunch... smokey chicky, buffalo mozzeralla, lots of herbs and garlic, a splattering of BBQ sauce for sweetness...

malcovy, Jun 16, 12:00am
Over 20 years ago I used to buy pizza bread from Topo Gigio's in Mt Eden, I seem to recall this is the name that popped into my head ie topo gigio.The pizza was rolled very thin and the topping I think was just garlic, evoo, parmesan and salt and I can still smell and taste it.I would order this with mussels for a takeout and it is still my favourite. The only other one I like is with a homemade tomato base and add cheddar, ham, capsicum and feta and a wee bit of oil over top.The dough is thin and cooked high in oven at the highest temperature in oven.My son makes one similar and he adds eggplant.

elliehen, Jun 16, 12:16am
I've recently been eating pizza in Manhattan, in pizza places where Italian is the first language and even the Italians were fiddling around with toppings, although most were fairly sparse.

Each to his own, of course, but I think the idea of 'authentic' can be questioned.I heard chef Anthony Bourdain talk at a book signing and he said the concept of 'authentic' is highly suspect.Old recipes evolve and there's no stopping them.The new and the old are equally acceptable and there's a pretentious stuffiness that goes with the idea of 'authentic'.

malcovy, Jun 16, 12:23am
I was just thinking about you elliehen as I haven't seen any of posts lately and there you are.I like your posts.

kiwibubbles, Jun 16, 12:29am
1. chicken cranberry and brie
2. chicken, bacon, capsium and red onion with a sweet chilli sauce drizzled on top
3. caramelised onion and sliced beef
4. chicken bacon and plum sauce
5. good ole ham and pine apple! lol
6. pumpkin, rosemary and feta. Can also add pinenuts to this one.
7. salami and bbq sauce

rarogal, Jun 16, 9:36am
I use those thin crispy, pre-sauced bases, (Romanos I think) spread with a carbonara pasta sauce, top with prawns and scallops, halved cherry tomatoes and olives, camembert wedges (thin) and top with grated mozzarella and basil leaves. To die for!!

aktow, Jun 16, 2:20pm
i only buy cheese ham pineapple.i use to make a prawn, crayfish, smoked snapper, tomato,with a swiss cheese, american cheese and camembert cheese topping. lovely.cannot make that now,, no longer a deck hand so i cannot afford to buyseafood,

taniajane, Jun 16, 6:38pm
Beef marinated in tomato, ginger, garlic, cumin, onion, balsamic vinagar and lime. Lots and lots of lime.Top base with ranch dressing, dollop beef mix on sprinkle with tasty and mozzarella cheese.

janny3, Jun 17, 4:11pm

iman007, Jun 17, 11:26pm
choritso and bacon, mushys pineapple and puhoi feta cheese, yum

cookessentials, Jun 18, 10:18am
I agree...who wants to be a food snob? If it works for you and it is what you like, then go for it.

toadfish, Jun 18, 10:44am
I liked canned spaghetti on mine.... on a scone dough that is...*runs laughing out of the thread*

Repeats to herself mustn't post under the influence lolololol

kabbo, Jun 19, 4:40am
hehe.
i like that. good old fashioned kiwi pizza.

ziggy16, Jun 19, 5:11am
I use a can of spaghetti too but drain some of the sauce out as it can be too much ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, spring onions, pineapple and beetroot yes people find it weird but I love beetroot on my pizza it's really nice and cover with cheese

janny3, Jun 19, 3:34pm
Jalapenos!Good ol Kiwi standbys.

evorotorua, Jun 19, 6:06pm
Leftovers make great pizza. I make the dough in my breadmaker and top with anything....we have had leftover chicken satay and rice, peas, beans, kumara, potato, roast chicken and gravy. All this along with whatever else. Or we might have tinned spaghetti, ham and cheese or the fancy chicken and brie combo with sun dried tomato. It is pretty much left to the individual to call out what they want. For us, often it is a quick meal on a night when I need to empty out containers. We all like them so that's what matters. Call it pizza, call it rubbish. I'm happy.

michelle2249, Jun 20, 10:07pm
tandoori chicken plum sauce base kumara onion cheese capsicum bake then scatter with cashews banana sliced then mango chutney and plain yoghurt yum!!!

janny3, Dec 17, 2:04am
Used up leftover chilli-concarne mince & beans.Also a couple of tortillas for base so it was like eating nachos but w/ an edible plate.Not a bad meal in a hurry.Thanks.

anniebabe1, Dec 18, 1:07am
"Puke Pizza".bloody yummy.Tomato Paste(thin) Cheese, Watties Baked Beans, Fresh Tomato pieces, Thinly diced onion, Cheese.Every now and then I add a tiny bit of pineappple. Looks not so good but tastes awesome

elliehen, Dec 18, 1:16am
"Rainbow pizza".everybody hovers over while you're making it and says things like 'leave the mushroom off my corner','put salami on mine' ;)

janny3, Dec 18, 2:26am
How do you make "Rainbow pizza" please!

elliehen, Dec 18, 2:30am
It's just my family name for the stripey look of the pizza after all the picky eaters have decided what they will and won't have on their bits ;)

Edited to add:Have one who wants a pile of jalapenos on his corner!

janny3, Dec 19, 12:35pm
Oh I like the idea of jalapenos - esp when I want the pizza all to myself! ;)
Thank you!