Pork belly

dartchamp, May 22, 11:29pm
how do u cook this?

honeycats, May 22, 11:42pm
I roast mine like a normal pork roast, doesnt take aslong.Rub salt and oil into the crackle, yummo we are having that for dinner tonight

sudsy99, May 22, 11:55pm
We have it a bit too, you can also stuff it and roll it if the piece is big enough.YUMMO!!

shopper78, May 22, 11:56pm
I am not sure but i have been told to cook it slower. My Brother cooked some for us a few weeks back, it was so tender and nice. Cooked it for about 2 and a half hours. Good luck

gerry64, May 23, 12:04am
use annabelle langbeins recipe in milk - its the best

oh_hunnihunni, May 23, 12:07am
To 'pickle' it as a cold meat, rub salt and dried mixed herbs into the inside and roll and tie. Place in cold water to cover and bring slowly to a simmer, then cook for a couple of hours or so depending on size. Gently. Lift off any scum that forms on the top. You can serve warm with a mustard, or caper, or sharp flavoured white sauce (parsley is good), - as you would boiled bacon, or leave to cool overnight then thin slice for sandwiches and salads.

And it's very very good - but not exactly low fat, lol.

amazing_grace, May 23, 12:11am
I make it into bacon....sprinkle with salt, and rosemary and put in a plastic bag in the fridge.Every day take it out and rub with more salt if needed.For about 1 a week.The I smoke in the smoker for 1/2hr, then slice thinly whenever I need it.Keeps really well

joker13, May 23, 8:11am
I do Annabelle Langbeins recipe with lots of salt and a high temp for 20 minutes then slow for a couple of hours with milk poured in just until the meat touches the fat which leave the crackling delicious. You can also pour apple cider around it too

joker13, May 23, 8:12am
Hey amazing grace how much salt do you use each time you add more etc?

kiwibubbles, May 23, 8:44am
i 3rd the annabel langbeins pork belly in milk suggestion - it is divine!!!!

fee1965, May 23, 10:49am
Just a tip, make sure the dish you roast it in is not too much bigger than the belly, just about an inch distance all round, i made it in a huge roasting dish, was ok, but could have been better.

sudsy99, May 23, 11:55pm
We have it a bit too, you can also stuff it and roll it if the piece is big enough.YUMMO!

oh_hunnihunni, May 24, 12:07am
To 'pickle' it as a cold meat, rub salt and dried mixed herbs into the inside and roll and tie. Place in cold water to cover and bring slowly to a simmer, then cook for a couple of hours or so depending on size. Gently. Lift off any scum that forms on the top. You can serve warm with a mustard, or caper, or sharp flavoured white sauce (parsley is good), - as you would boiled bacon, or leave to cool overnight then thin slice for sandwiches and salads.

And it's very very good - but not exactly low fat, lol.

amazing_grace, May 24, 12:11am
I make it into bacon.sprinkle with salt, and rosemary and put in a plastic bag in the fridge.Every day take it out and rub with more salt if needed.For about 1 a week.The I smoke in the smoker for 1/2hr, then slice thinly whenever I need it.Keeps really well

joker13, May 24, 8:12am
Hey amazing grace how much salt do you use each time you add more etc!

kiwibubbles, May 24, 8:44am
i 3rd the annabel langbeins pork belly in milk suggestion - it is divine!

joker13, May 24, 6:17pm
Anyone else tried doing bacon like amazing grace? I am keen to give it a go

jag5, May 24, 8:42pm
We use Hugh Fearnley-Whitting wotsit's recipe in his book.....River Cottage meat, and make our own pancetta from Belly Pork.....eating some at the moment that I did last week....

purplegoanna, May 24, 11:03pm
I DEMAND YOU SHARE! IT LOOKS DEVINE....

dreamers, May 24, 11:21pm

joker13, May 25, 6:17pm
Anyone else tried doing bacon like amazing grace! I am keen to give it a go

jag5, May 25, 8:42pm
We use Hugh Fearnley-Whitting wotsit's recipe in his book.River Cottage meat, and make our own pancetta from Belly Pork.eating some at the moment that I did last week.

purplegoanna, May 25, 11:03pm
I DEMAND YOU SHARE! IT LOOKS DEVINE.