Flour free cakes?

pom-pom, May 20, 8:52am
Does anyone have a really good flour free recipe for a cake? Any flavour cake? I think Nigella did a gooey chocolate thing (it looked a bit decadent) but it had no flour. Any tried and tested recipes out there please? Anythingwelcome! Thank you.

kiwibubbles, May 20, 8:53am
try an orange polenta cake with orange syrup or a thin layer of orange jelly - its divine! sorry i dont have a recipe but i've tried it at other places

theanimal1, May 20, 9:17am
1 and a half cups instant polenta, 2 tsp orange rind, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1 cup highlander condensed milk, 3 eggs, 60g melted butter, 200g low fat plain unsweetened yoghurt, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup orange juice - extra, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, plain unsweetened yoghurt to serve with
6. pre heat oven to 180, line base of 20cm
deep round cake tin. combine polenta with orange rind and juice. beat condensed milk and eggs until combine, add butter and yoghurt, mix til combine,lightly whisk in polenta mix, baking powder, pour into tin. bake for 40 - 50 mins or until tester comes out clean, cool in tin for 15 mins then turn onto plate.......
7 place extra
orange juice, sugar and water into a pot, bring to the boil stirring, simmer uncovered 7 minutes or until a reduced syrupy consistency, cool and pour syrup over cake, if need be serve with yoghurt, or whipped cream, can serve hot or cut like a cake.

pom-pom, May 20, 9:24am
Thank you for these. I did make a lemon polenta cake but it was very soggy. Not sure what I did wrong!

theanimal1, May 20, 9:30am
Flourless chocolate and orange cake

Ingredients (serves 12)

* 2 valencia oranges
* 200g dark chocolate, chopped
* 100g butter, chopped
* 8 eggs
* 1 1/3 cups (300g) caster sugar
* 3 cups (300g) almond meal
* Double cream, to serve
* Icing sugar, to serve

Add above ingredients to your shopping list
Method

Place the oranges in a saucepan. Cover with water and a lid. Bring to the boil. Reduce to a low heat. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove the oranges and set aside to cool. Roughly chop and place in a food processor. Process until a coarse paste forms.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring often until smooth. Set aside to cool. (Alternatively melt in a microwave-proof bowl in the microwave on Medium/50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, for 2 minutes.)

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 22cm cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until well combined.

Fold in the almond meal, orange paste and chocolate mixture until well combined. Pour into the cake pan. Bake for 1 hour 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.

pom-pom, May 21, 7:57am
Any more recipes without flour would be good please?!

gaspodetwd, May 21, 8:07am
Do you mean flour free or gluten free? So almond based or hazelnut meal based? Or is Cornflour okay?

pom-pom, May 23, 7:03am
I'm really just after any without any flour at all. Is this possible? Nuts are fine though!