How much is half a cup of butter in grams?

zakky16, May 20, 6:48am
I'm making biscuits and the recipe requires half a cup of butter, melted.I googled it but couldnt make sense of what they were saying.
Thanks

lilyfield, May 20, 6:50am
fill a cup half with water- cube the butter into it, once overflowing you have your measure, drain , and melt

lurtz, May 20, 7:42am
If the recipe specifies melted butter, then melt butter (covered in microwave for a short burst is easiest, but a pot on the stove with a watchful eye is good. Thenmeasure out half a cup.

cautis, May 20, 8:01am
125g

duckmoon, May 20, 9:38am
If i need to work out how much half a cup of a solid is...
then I fill a one cup measure with 1/2 cup of water, and then cut the butter into cubes, and add cubes into the water, until the water comes up to 1cup mark...

Drives me up the wall that they write recipes like this...

lurtz, May 20, 10:08am
Melted; the usual measureis 100 gramsof butter, (approximately) which melts into one half of ametric cup. Cubing butteris cubing. It leaves, air spaces etc.It's not entirely accurate, but squashed down into a cup, it is still an fairly good and haphazard approximation. I have used this measurement many times, however you asked specifically about 'melted', so I have answered as such. Hopefully helpful:-)

kuaka, May 20, 10:34am
My tupperware measuring cups have the measures in ml clearly printed on the bottoms, and the 1 cup states 250ml, so I would say 125gm, assuming that 125gm of butter melts to give 125ml of liquid butter.

duckmoon, May 20, 10:48am
but a millilitre isn't a milligram

kinna54, May 20, 11:14am
125gms. on my tupperwaremeasures as well. That is also the standard amount of butter in most biccie recipes as well. Doesn't matter if milligrams or whatever. Melt down 125gms see if it fills your half cup measure sure it will be about right.

kuaka, May 20, 12:21pm
I was working on the theory that a litre of water weighs a kg, so 125ml of water weighs 125gm.Might be a bit different for butter as the density is possibly different, but if it was me making that recipe it would be near enough.

zakky16, May 21, 6:48am
I'm making biscuits and the recipe requires half a cup of butter, melted.I googled it but couldnt make sense of what they were saying.
Thanks

duckmoon, May 21, 9:38am
If i need to work out how much half a cup of a solid is.
then I fill a one cup measure with 1/2 cup of water, and then cut the butter into cubes, and add cubes into the water, until the water comes up to 1cup mark.

Drives me up the wall that they write recipes like this.

lurtz, May 21, 10:08am
Melted; the usual measureis 100 gramsof butter, (approximately) which melts into one half of ametric cup. Cubing butteris cubing. It leaves, air spaces etc.It's not entirely accurate, but squashed down into a cup, it is still an fairly good and haphazard approximation. I have used this measurement many times, however you asked specifically about 'melted', so I have answered as such. Hopefully helpful:-)

duckmoon, May 21, 10:48am
but a millilitre isn't a milligram

kinna54, May 21, 11:14am
125gms. on my tupperwaremeasures as well. That is also the standard amount of butter in most biccie recipes as well. Doesn't matter if milligrams or whatever. Melt down 125gms see if it fills your half cup measure sure it will be about right.