Potato wedges..secrets?

hhb, May 15, 1:19am
Anyone make real crunchy tasty wedges and if so whats the secret? If I ever make tham they usually are just like roast potatoes, is there something that you can coat them in to give them a bit more crunch? or high oven at first then turn down??does the type of potato used really make a diff (I always have agria) Anyone please? Got a bunch of kiddies coming around later to watch the newly released Gullivers Travels...

rainrain1, May 15, 1:30am
For 8 med to large potatoes
1/4 cup flour
3 Tblsp oil

peel and cut into wedges, line dish with baking paper, sprinkle flour over chips, then oil, and toss to evenly combine ....roast for 1hour

hhb, May 15, 1:49am
Sounds great - thanks!

cgvl, May 15, 1:55am
flour, salt, pepper and paprika. If you want the hot a little chilli.
I toss the wdges in the above mix. I dont peel the potatoes just wash and scrub.
pre heat oven to200Cleave the roasting dish in oven til hot.
Into dish goes enough oil to grease it well, then wedges and finally I drizzle a bit more oil over top. After about 20 mins I turn the wdges over, then cook for about another 20 mins, check one if its cooked then remove from pan and eat.

biddy6, May 15, 4:51am
Like some of the other posters, I heat the dish in the oven first as this prevents them from sticking.After slicing and rinsing spuds, it's important to dry them.Lay in single layer in roasting dish and sprinkle generously with light olive oil and Maggi 'Green Herb' Stock powder.Hubby likes his hot so his side of the dish also gets dried chilli flakes.Mine usually take less than 30 minutes to cook but I turn them every few minutes.They're always crunchy on outside and fluffy in the centre no matter what variety of spuds I've used.

kinna54, May 15, 4:55am
Par cook them 1st. I microwave mine for a few mins, drain and blot,coat with any herbs or flavouring I like, drizzle with oil and into a hot oven 200c fanbake. Yummy

hhb, May 16, 1:19am
Anyone make real crunchy tasty wedges and if so whats the secret! If I ever make tham they usually are just like roast potatoes, is there something that you can coat them in to give them a bit more crunch! or high oven at first then turn down!does the type of potato used really make a diff (I always have agria) Anyone please! Got a bunch of kiddies coming around later to watch the newly released Gullivers Travels.

rainrain1, May 16, 1:30am
Preheat oven to 200 C
For 8 med to large potatoes
1/4 cup flour
3 Tblsp oil

peel and cut into wedges, line dish with baking paper, sprinkle flour over chips, then oil, and toss to evenly combine .roast for 1hour

biddy6, May 16, 4:51am
Like some of the other posters, I heat the dish in the oven first as this prevents them from sticking.After slicing and rinsing spuds, it's important to dry them.Lay in single layer in roasting dish and sprinkle generously with light olive oil and Maggi 'Green Herb' Stock powder.Hubby likes his hot so his side of the dish also gets dried chilli flakes.Mine usually take less than 30 minutes to cook but I turn them every few minutes.They're always crunchy on outside and fluffy in the centre no matter what variety of spuds I've used.