Master Chef Simon

Page 1 / 2
olwen, May 13, 8:31am
Claimed he was cooking swedes.They were baby white turnips, an altogether different vegetable.That would mess me up in a printed recipe.

beaker59, May 13, 8:38am
We were having the same discussion here.

waswoods, May 13, 9:03am
I thought so too

dec1066, May 13, 9:27am
I only caught the end of it! They definately weren't swedes. He fails the identify the vegetable test.

dec1066, May 13, 9:55am
OH off the phone now. 2 more votes here for turnips.

olwen, May 13, 10:00am
The web site says turnips so some one must have corrected that.

charlieb2, May 13, 10:41am
Maybe its something to do with his heritage?I've been googling and it seems in some parts of the world a turnip is referred to as a swede.... ?? I dont know, but its made for some interesting reading... lol

kuaka, May 13, 10:59am
I noticed that too, and I would definitely call them turnips, and I noticed that on the recipe given at the end of his cooking session, it referred to them as turnips.

More importantly, who is going to win on Sunday?

pickles7, May 13, 11:02am
In the States, they only eat the green tops, from turnips and throw out the root.

pickles7, May 13, 11:03am
I know....but I won't tell... not on here, not ever.

olwen, May 13, 11:04am
There are turnips, and there are swedes sometimes called swede turnips.So a swede can be a turnip, but a turnip can't be a swede (in my world anyway).

kuaka, May 13, 11:43am
oh go on pickles - be a devil.My guess is it will be Jax or Nadia.

alebix, May 13, 11:56am
Im hoping Jax will win. I just like her.

seniorbones, May 13, 12:02pm
he said swede the first time and then when he was dishing up he said turnip, I like Jax too but I think nadia may win just by seeing the ads.But I like them both so best of luck to both of them even though its already finished months ago.

kuaka, May 13, 10:26pm
true, so how come the result is kept so secret - I mean if you won something like that wouldn't you want to tell the world?How do the family and friends keep quiet?

pickles7, May 13, 10:35pm
Be more than my, restaurant is worth....kuaka....

olwen, May 13, 11:05pm
They have been known to mislead with the promos before.

veejay13, May 13, 11:23pm
I'm with you, Olwen.

dec1066, May 14, 9:27am
I only caught the end of it! They definately weren't swedes. He fails the identify the vegetable test.

charlieb2, May 14, 10:41am
Maybe its something to do with his heritage!I've been googling and it seems in some parts of the world a turnip is referred to as a swede. ! I dont know, but its made for some interesting reading. lol

kuaka, May 14, 10:59am
I noticed that too, and I would definitely call them turnips, and I noticed that on the recipe given at the end of his cooking session, it referred to them as turnips.

More importantly, who is going to win on Sunday!

pickles7, May 14, 11:03am
I know.but I won't tell. not on here, not ever.

olwen, May 14, 11:04am
There are turnips, and there are swedes sometimes called swede turnips.So a swede can be a turnip, but a turnip can't be a swede (in my world anyway).

kuaka, May 14, 10:26pm
true, so how come the result is kept so secret - I mean if you won something like that wouldn't you want to tell the world!How do the family and friends keep quiet!

pickles7, May 14, 10:35pm
Be more than my, restaurant is worth.kuaka.