Contamination of our, food stuffs.

pickles7, May 11, 9:07pm
The contaminated "milk powder" will not be the only product to be contaminated, it is the biggest, found out. Where there are $'s to be gained, people will cheat...
Having been in the food industry all my working life, I am aware of a few nasty cases, not so much at the manufacturers, level though, not here in New Zealand.
I am interested to know of any others people may like to add..

dezzie, May 11, 9:36pm
I personally don't think the milk powder one would have been found out if it hadn't been for fonterra blowing the whistle on it, it would have been quietly swept under the carpet, as I'm sure many other things are in china.

pickles7, May 11, 9:46pm
yes , I agree. Corruption is strife in many countries. Money, can be evil.
The scary thing is, when you read the ingredients list on some of the foods we buy.The fish and chip shop cannot fry in beef fat, but, beef fat is put into the cheep biscuits, kids are eating.

pickles7, May 12, 9:07pm
The contaminated "milk powder" will not be the only product to be contaminated, it is the biggest, found out. Where there are $'s to be gained, people will cheat.
Having been in the food industry all my working life, I am aware of a few nasty cases, not so much at the manufacturers, level though, not here in New Zealand.
I am interested to know of any others people may like to add.

dezzie, May 12, 9:36pm
I personally don't think the milk powder one would have been found out if it hadn't been for fonterra blowing the whistle on it, it would have been quietly swept under the carpet, as I'm sure many other things are in china.