Pyrex dishes in the freezer

gildon, May 5, 12:43am
I have a quantity of lovely smoked fish which I thought I would turn into 2 -3 smoked fish pies and freeze a couple.However I am a bit unsure what I should use to freeze them in considering it will need to go into the oven to reheat after thawing.I have a couple of Pyrex dishes which would be about the right size but I am a bit hesitant about how they would behave with being frozen.Anyone frozen Pyrex dishes before??!!

2halls, May 5, 1:37am
I have frozen apple crumble in Pyrex,and it was fine :-)

lythande1, May 5, 1:41am
I freeze stuff in mine. Just don't heat from frozen. Glass breaks when a massive sudden change in temp occurs. Not a gradual one. Get out of freezer, leave in fridge until required, then heat in oven from a cold oven.

gildon, May 5, 2:42am
thank you for your replies.Most helpful

gildon, May 6, 12:43am
I have a quantity of lovely smoked fish which I thought I would turn into 2 -3 smoked fish pies and freeze a couple.However I am a bit unsure what I should use to freeze them in considering it will need to go into the oven to reheat after thawing.I have a couple of Pyrex dishes which would be about the right size but I am a bit hesitant about how they would behave with being frozen.Anyone frozen Pyrex dishes before!!

lythande1, May 6, 1:41am
I freeze stuff in mine. Just don't heat from frozen. Glass breaks when a massive sudden change in temp occurs. Not a gradual one. Get out of freezer, leave in fridge until required, then heat in oven from a cold oven.