Party food for an older bash. Etiquitte.

Page 2 / 2
jenner4, Apr 29, 10:34am
anne 1955, had to look to see if I know you , we went to a party and did the same thing , musical chairs was so much fun and blind mans bluff , it can be fun to let the inner child out for the night

lyndad59, Apr 29, 11:02am
When my daughter had engagement party I just brought out some food every hour . We only had sandwiches ,savouries etc .But lots you can do cold .I just think it's better to eat while drinking .Even peanuts ,chips ,savoury crackers on a dish on the tables

onenana, Apr 29, 11:20am
This has bought back memories...sorry to hijack your thread. I can remember going to my friends 30th many years ago. it was a 'bring a plate please' and...........................-
........this had us talking for years.
A guest woman walked in with......a bowl of instant pudding!
Needless to say there was plenty of it left at the end of the evening.

patsy3, Apr 30, 7:56am
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The bloke here, reckons I shouldn't put 'bring a plate' on the invite, and has offered to pay for the food! Whoop whoop! Within reason of course. Will get a giant pie warmer, and get a few of those boxes of 50's mini savouries. Will do a bunch of food, thinking breads and cold cuts, and club sammies, and ask close mates to bring something if they want, as variety is always good!. I just want to party, and find I chat too much, drink too much and don't eat. Will have to enjoy a big dinner beforehand.