Royal wedding watchers...

Page 2 / 2
nauru, Apr 23, 1:16pm
Pork pie and sausage rolls

timetable, Apr 23, 2:39pm
lol we are going the whole mile!!best bib and tucker, breaking out the china cups, cake plates and having the yummy tea and cakes that go with the right royal event!!

daleaway, Apr 24, 12:02am
A bit of the actual food and drink menu has been released:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal-wedding/2011/04/23/kate-middleton-and-prince-william-ban-beer-from-royal-wedding-reception-115875-23080392/

I have also seen mention that Eggs Drumkilbo may be on the menu - that is online, andinvolves lobster so won't be appearing in our house.
But I think I have a tin of quail's eggs somewhere...

raevah, Apr 24, 12:59am
Hello stranger. You MUST have Coronation Chicken, the most Royal of dishes. In sandwiches, on your blini, or in a dish like a prawn cocktail.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/features/2003/06/coronation_chicken_recipe.shtml

lizab, Apr 27, 7:45pm
Royal Wedding's tomorrow!!!!! Very exciting!!!! Any other food ideas?

elliehen, Apr 27, 10:54pm
Don't forget the Breakers' thrilling final against the Taipans tonight!Would make good sense to save a bit of the bubbly for a great New Zealand first time victory in the National Basketball League of Australia :)

lizab, Apr 28, 1:00am
I don't think I could sit through another game listening to the male 'cheerleader' chanting through the microphone:"Let's go Taipans, let's go"!!!

spotswood, Apr 28, 5:13am
It,s okLizab...it's in NZ this time won't be as many Aussies in the crowd !!! Go the Breakers!!!

1mumof4, Apr 28, 5:38am
My girls and I are looking forward to it too.Am thinking we'll have fish and chips for tea, and then later on devonshire scones and a cake.Does anyone have a cheap and easy version of Will's favourite biscuit cake please?

pickles7, Apr 28, 6:28am
Snap. we are having fish n chips out of news paper, HP sauce. bread and butter.

pickles7, Apr 28, 6:55am
[quote=]My girls and I are looking forward to it too.Am thinking we'll have fish and chips for tea, and then later on devonshire scones and a cake.Does anyone have a cheap and easy version of Will's favourite biscuit cake please?[/quote]
Nothing cheap about that cake...1mumof4... Fudge cake would come close, chocolate gnash icing.

bellter, Apr 28, 7:49am
Chips & curry sauce, cucumber sammies, scones with strawberry conserve & cream... how naughty :-)

1mumof4, Apr 28, 8:07am
Hmmm, the biscuit cake might still be doable.Have just uploaded the recipe in the other thread and all I need is white chocolate and the biscuits.Maybe round wines or the such will do.Already have butter, dark chocolate and golden syrup.And no baking.8:)

shop-a-holic, Apr 29, 12:15am
I'm serving Lancashire Hot Pot in Yorkshire Puddings, Queen Alexander Sandwiches and Whitebait Pikelets. Can't call them 'patties'.