Sauce for Shrimps

pommyjohn1, Apr 18, 9:49pm
I have a large bag of shrimps to take to a party and need a sauce recipe to mix with the shrimps ,can anyone help please

litedelites, Apr 18, 10:30pm
Hi,
I used to make this up to fill pastry cases.Saute some onion in butter, thicken with a little flour, add in a pottle of sour cream and about a tablespoon of tomato sauce.Stri until combined and fill cases.This recipe used a tin of shrips, so just increase measurements to your needs, regards T

frosty429, Apr 18, 10:43pm
Ive always just used Thousand island dressing and add the shell lokking pasta with some parsley mixed through, yummy!

katalin2, Apr 18, 11:24pm
Back in the 70's we used to do a really simple one: whip some cream till very firm; add fresh crushed garlic and a dallop of tomato sauce and fold it all together and mix well drained shrimps through it. It is very tasty and morish. I first had it at a relatives in Oz over 30 years ago and still make it from time to time.

crsdbl, Apr 18, 11:34pm
thousand island dressing:
mayonaise mixed with tom sauce and a good squeeze of lemon juice.

beaker59, Apr 18, 11:53pm
I do similar to crsdbl tho its Mayonaise tomato paste and lemon juice with chopped corriander also works well with greek Yogurt instead of the Mayonaise. I also sometimes add Sweet chilli sauce or honey for a little sweetness.

I make all my own Mayo which is egg into blender then slowly blend in Canola or sunflower seed oil until nice thick mayo then add lemon juice also a little salt. It really is that easy takes longer to clean up than make :)

pommyjohn1, Apr 19, 12:30am
Many thanks for all the great ideas, I might go with the whipped creamone

bigjules1, Apr 19, 4:26am
A very simple one which I use at home is Best Mayonnaise with a splodge of tomato sauce.To give it a bit of zing you can always add a drop of tobasco or just some white pepper.

motorbo, Apr 19, 4:53am
the real one i think used whipped cream but not garlic, instead tomatoe sauce and tobasco ...think that was all, to die for .....try google

dbab, Apr 19, 6:45am
I'd add a little lemon juice to the whipped cream one to give it a bit of a zing.
Oooh, I might have shrimps for lunch tomorrow. I have a packet in the freezer.

supanan4, Apr 19, 8:39am
Easi, cheap and tasty sauce - equal parts of Tomatoe Sauce, worchester sauce and Mayonaise (I use the one I make with condense milk, 1 teap mustard and vinegar)
I would make up 2 tablespoons of each and mix! delicious!!!