Lager vinegar

Page 2 / 2
pickles7, Jun 28, 11:08pm
My first lot of peach vinegar has been bottled, at last. I will put more raw peach vinegar into the next brew. That will speed things along a bit.

pickles7, Jul 2, 12:25am
The lager "vinegar mother" has taken over the top of the barrel at last. I am going to be putting another lot of malt down to brew very soon. I will need lots more vinegar this next year.

pickles7, Jul 2, 12:26am
The Feijoa vinegar is not doing a darned thing. It just is not making a lot of sense. If I wanted to make a "wine" with this rubbish, it maybe would have turned into "vinegar" lol. I only have two more cups of raw cider vinegar, I may have to sacrifice them , to the cause. I have put one jar into the airing cupboard , that is not doing a lot either, so it is not a case of being too cold. O well, it is a learning phase. It could be something else is missing. A conflict of acids, maybe.

pickles7, Jul 29, 9:33am
At long last, this Feijoa vinegar is turning out as I intended it to. I have to say, it cost me a cup of Gin. lol. I hate Gin, I have been carting around six bottles, for about ten years now. I know what to do with it now.
This next year I will not be repeating this process. If I did have any rubbish from fruit containing natural sugars, I will bottle it as wine. That way I get two bites, one as wine, if not nice, then as vinegar. The Feijoabrew would have made a nice wine in the end. The flavour is superb.

pickles7, Jul 29, 9:42am
The Lager vinegar is doing well, Mother has not sunk yet. I will leave it until it dose. It has grown three "mothers" now, Every time they have sunk I have given the brew a good stir up, to get more oxygen into it, to produce a stronger vinegar. It has been tough going over winter to get the "Mother of Vinegar" to do the job. I will try and get a Malt brew down to brew very soon, that way the vinegar will brew real fast over the summer. I intend to make two brews this year.

pickles7, Jul 29, 9:55am
Peach vinegar is doing well again. I am going to stick to two bottles of wine, to, one bottle of water. The alcohol may have got too watered down last time. I did make the vinegar into, Worcestershire sauce.

pickles7, Sep 8, 8:10pm
Feijoa vinegar has turned out as I intended it to, has still got a feijoaflavour, but vinegar non the less. If I was to repeat this, I will bottle the wine and make vinegar with it when it warms up a bit. I had to put it in the hot water cupboard to finish. The flavour of the wine was nice and would make a very nice cooking wine. I will bottle this vinegar and leave it to mellow.

pickles7, Sep 8, 8:16pm
peach nothing much to say, I have used the fist lot in my last lot of Worcestershire sauce, it was sooooo darned good. I have another lot near ready, that has done way better over winter as it is in a warm room. I still have 23 bottles of peach wine to convert.

pickles7, Sep 8, 8:27pm
The Lager vinegar is still brewing. "Mother of vinegar" is still covering the entire top, it is very thick and looks like the skin of an orange. Hard case, it tastes very similar to the "malt vinegar", a bit lighter in colour. I am wanting "mother" to be done as I want to put another "malt brew" down.