Non fail HotXBun recipe wanted 4 breadmaker.

Page 3 / 3
hooksie60, Apr 22, 10:16pm
great many thanks guys will cook some today and report back on my sucess
:-)

sclaredy_cat, Apr 22, 10:25pm
I am also pleased to report the left overs from the second batch i made were still nice and soft today, we warmed them through in the oven and they were yummy for breakfast with good coffee :)

lizab, Apr 22, 10:29pm
this is the second morning in a row I've had hot cross buns for breakfast - naughty but nice!! Must add that they are fine to freeze. When my hubby and farm workers roll in for morning tea, I've always got muffins and/or these raisin buns in the freezer. A plate of 6 frozen buns takes about 3 mins on high in the microwave to defrost and heat through. They're just as good as coming straight from the oven.

actros2, Apr 23, 1:36am
Thanks for the replies. Woe is me I must be the only one who can stuff up a no fail recipe. I put all the ingredients into the breadmaker (only had it a few days so a real newbie) and the dough came out SO sticky I thought I would never get my hands free! I couldn't manage balls so have chucked the whole sticky mess on a tray and will let it rise a bit then cook it as a sort of loaf. Sigh.just as well the family are used to cooking disasters.

lizab, Apr 23, 2:05am
Hopefully it won't be a complete disaster. Note for next time you try it, the cups of flour need to be very heaped! Happy Easter :)

gardie, Apr 23, 4:45am
30 mins at 180 - if the oven isn't so hot, they don't brown so much.The extra content from the fruit tends to brown them.Good to hear of all the successes.

sclaredy_cat, Apr 23, 5:05am
Wow lizab, I had long ago given up ever making these successfully. I tried your recipe thinking I would have yet another disaster, but they were ok. Good, even. A bit on the sticky/runny side (like lots of others by the looks) so they spread a bit, and cooking them for 20 minutes resulted in them being a bit dark. So I upped the flour to 4 level cups, left them on a sunny windowsill for about an hour, and baked them for 15 minutes. OMG. I will never buy them again! Thanks for sharing :)

hooksie60, Apr 23, 7:51am
well what can i say but yummmmmmmmmmmmmm. had to go out so had to leave them to rise for god no how many hours but oh so good when cooked.... A++++

hooksie60, Apr 23, 8:52am
will never buy brought ones again... these are so easy .....used 4 cups flour as others have

lizab, Apr 23, 9:00am
We'll all be hot cross bunned out after this week!!! Happy Easter :)

standard, Apr 23, 9:13am
Anyone got a fail safe and easy receipe for someone who hasn't got a breadmaker!
Thanks!

hooksie60, Apr 23, 9:58pm
is this definitly plain flour or high grade as used in bread making! hope some who has made them can help me

lizab, Apr 23, 10:07pm
I use budget plain white flour - just make sure the cups are really well heaped!

lizab, Apr 23, 10:29pm
this is the second morning in a row I've had hot cross buns for breakfast - naughty but nice! Must add that they are fine to freeze. When my hubby and farm workers roll in for morning tea, I've always got muffins and/or these raisin buns in the freezer. A plate of 6 frozen buns takes about 3 mins on high in the microwave to defrost and heat through. They're just as good as coming straight from the oven.

jackthecat, Apr 24, 3:07am
Hi
my buns were really sticky like others and I think the issue was that i needed way more flours so will try again tomorrow never mind we are meant to be eating them in an hour but just have flat sticky splodes in the tray what are the chances of them rising??????

hooksie60, Apr 24, 7:51am
well what can i say but yummmmmmmmmmmmmm. had to go out so had to leave them to rise for god no how many hours but oh so good when cooked. A++++

hooksie60, Apr 24, 8:52am
will never buy brought ones again. these are so easy .used 4 cups flour as others have

lizab, Apr 24, 9:00am
We'll all be hot cross bunned out after this week! Happy Easter :)

jodyw1, Apr 25, 1:27am
This is the best ever recipe!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

angelbaby69nz, Apr 25, 2:41am
a tablespoon of each mixed spice and cinnemon...that seems alot of spices...is that right? ive never made them before....i only have the yellow lid..not the red lid yeast. oh well, guess we will find out if its gonna work for me :P

jodyw1, Apr 26, 1:27am
This is the best ever recipe! Thanks for sharing!

angelbaby69nz, Apr 26, 2:41am
a tablespoon of each mixed spice and cinnemon.that seems alot of spices.is that right! ive never made them before.i only have the yellow lid.not the red lid yeast. oh well, guess we will find out if its gonna work for me :P

sunny, Feb 14, 6:57am
Lizab
I made your fabulous hotcross bun recipe tonight
Absolutly brilliant, foolproof an WAY WAY better than the brought rubbish we get to choose from!
Thanks heaps
Sunny

sunny, Feb 16, 2:07am
Thanks for the brilliant recipe Lizab!
Awsome hotx buns, have now passed this onto my twin who also thinks theyr awsome
Have never tasted such a lovely hotx bun before
Beats the brought rubbish by a country mile!
Never again will I resort to buying one!
Oh and Im 62yrs old an never been able to find a recipe for them that I thought was nice!