Hollandaise sauce!

louweez1, Apr 3, 8:19pm
please, someone out here must have a yummy creamy recipe?

the one i have isnt too great, but it is easy. i do the usually beat eggs then add almost boiling butter but it isnt as creamy as it can be

perle, Apr 3, 8:36pm
oh my gosh!! funny I was just going to create a thread asking the exact same question!!I dont have any recipe, but would love an easy one.. eggs bene is calling lol

minoo, Apr 4, 1:13am
I make this one every weekend.For Eggs Benedict (4 muffin halves, 4 eggs) with a generous serving:
50gms butter, juice of 1 lemon, ready mixed mustard (hot) to taste, pinch salt, pinch cracked pepper, 1 egg yolk, 1/4 cup cream.
Melt butter in small saucepan.Remove from heat.Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard.Mix well.Add cream and egg yolk.Stir in well.Put on LOW heat and stir continuously until it thickens.If too runny add more butter and keep stirring until it melts.I taste at this stage and if not mustardy or lemony enough add a bit more, stir and taste. If it separates a bit just beat it really well to recombine it. You can make this up in double quantity and it keeps in the fridge for about 4-5 days.Yummy.

solo2, Apr 4, 6:07am
heres an easy way to make hol sauce , my husband does this every weekend
he just throws it together
1/ put about 100g of butter in a small pot and melt then let it boil
2/ whilst that is happening in a small bowl add 1 egg yolk 1Tbs lemon juice and beat with electric beater until frothy (add pinch of salt and pepper if desired)
3/slowly add boiling butter to egg mixture while beating with electric beater
4/ if too thick just add 1Tbs of hot water and beat
easy no fuss hol sauce2mins hey presto

perle, Apr 4, 8:36pm
oh my gosh! funny I was just going to create a thread asking the exact same question!I dont have any recipe, but would love an easy one. eggs bene is calling lol