How can I clean oven trays?

mumstu, Mar 30, 4:02am
I usually use baking paper but when there has been times that the rest of the family have used my oven trays and they havnt. They are marked by non stick spray residue etc.I have tried cleaning my oven trays by scrubbing etc but wonder if there is a much easier way that someone knows of?

ashen1, Mar 30, 4:17am
i use oven cleaner just lay them on newspaper and spray away then clean with dishwash after

kiwibubbles, Mar 30, 5:21am
have you tried using steel pads?

kiwibubbles, Mar 30, 5:22am
oven cleaner may work but this may be an outdoor job- seems a bit harsh though just for an oven tray

kinna54, Mar 30, 5:31am
Spray with oven cleaner, leave for a while then scrub with a steelo, and an old knife. (Have used a bit of wet emery sandpaper in my time as well. Yep it works.)
A few drops of straight dishwash liquidon a steelo works, also a bit of ammonia (*wear gloves and open a window*) also a bit of Bam degreaser and a steelo.

indy95, Mar 30, 5:33am
Soak overnight in water with dishwasher powder added.

lx4000, Mar 30, 6:29am
I never clean mine!! Just hot soapy water. They are seasoned!! They are now non stick!! If something is burnt on, yes that is when it is cleaned off!

mumstu, Mar 30, 8:50pm
Thanks posters. Thanks for the ideas.

gamma71, Jul 30, 12:04pm
Indy's idea works like magic

gamma71, Jul 31, 12:04pm
Indy's idea works like magic

mumstu, Mar 30, 4:02am
I usually use baking paper but when there has been times that the rest of the family have used my oven trays and they havnt. They are marked by non stick spray residue etc.I have tried cleaning my oven trays by scrubbing etc but wonder if there is a much easier way that someone knows of!

kiwibubbles, Mar 30, 5:21am
have you tried using steel pads!

lx4000, Mar 30, 6:29am
I never clean mine! Just hot soapy water. They are seasoned! They are now non stick! If something is burnt on, yes that is when it is cleaned off!