Oven help please

sam1523, Feb 9, 9:16pm
Need to purchase new under bench oven all new ones have bottom element concealed and have heard you cant use old baking dishes -any recommendations for very best baking oven available? thanks

cookessentials, Feb 9, 9:23pm
What do you mean by not being able to use old baking dishes? Do you mean directly on the bottom of the oven?

kaddiew, Feb 9, 9:47pm
I've had (came with the houses) two Classique under bench ovens. Apart from them being very small inside, I found them both to be absolutely gutless, with very little heat coming from the bottom elements concealed under the oven floor. (And that's after costly repairman visits to check them out.) Couldn't wait to get rid of them, and would never buy that brand. My current good old Simpson standlaone with concealed bottom element however belts out the heat top & bottom.

greerg, Feb 10, 6:55am
My oven has a concealed lower element and I have continuedto use all my baking tins and dishes with no problems.

juliewn, Feb 10, 11:35am
Me too..

sam1523, Feb 10, 10:15pm
Thanks for that dont quiet know what the shop person meant but your comments are reassuring-now-what brand oven F&p or westinghouse or Branddt

nzhel, Apr 8, 6:09pm
We had a new Westinghouse oven with concealed bottom elements and several times in the information that came with it, were warnings not to place things to cook on the actual bottom of the oven. I would think this would be because the element was very close or touching the metal at the bottom that it would severely burn food or in the case of say a pyrex dish -maybe eventually shatter it. I always use the shelves myself and have never thought to place food directly on the bottom of the oven.
Edited to say - there were no problems ever with using all your normal trays or dishes, and no warnings saying not to! I'm sure that would never be a problem.