Eggplant Recipes Please

sunnybunny, Mar 29, 10:57pm
Anyone have some good recipes for Eggplant.Have just discovered I like it (healthy ones too please....low calorie).Thanks.

indy95, Mar 29, 11:02pm
Sunnybunny, you could check the Vegetarian thread, or put "eggplant" in the keyword box on the left of your screen, choose "anytime" as the date posted option and you should find several threads on sugggestions using eggplants.

jc_cw, Mar 29, 11:04pm
mmmmm eggplant, I've always wanted to make rattatoullie

tarshlove, Mar 29, 11:10pm
Roast Veg Lasagna

Ingredients
3 medium raw eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
4 small tomato(es), plum, seeded and chopped
4 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), peeled and chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
9 item(s) dry lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup(s) (shredded) part-skim mozzarella cheese
Instructions

Preheat oven to 425°F.

In roasting pan, combine vegetables and garlic with olive oil. Bake until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Place half of vegetables, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup water in food processor and process until smooth.

Spoon 1/2 cup of vegetable purée into bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.

Place three noodles over purée. Top with 1/2 cup of purée, 1/2 of remaining vegetables, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers and then top with remaining 3 noodles, purée and cheese.

Bake until bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.

ant_sonja, Mar 29, 11:17pm
It's a great vegetable isn't it! I actually like it for breakfast, thick slices, sprinkled with a bit of sea salt & dipped in egg white (with a small splash of apple cider vinegar whisked through it) then into a hot pan with a little butter or oil until golden on both sides. Serve with a poached egg, grilled mushrooms and/or crispy bacon rashers.

tarshlove, Mar 29, 11:23pm
Have just looked in my weight watchers recipe books
I have Eggplant stuffed with soy beans and vegies, Eggplant, tomato and onion Lasagne, stuffed eggplant with peso, Baked Vegetable Fettuccine
Any of them interest you?

davidt4, Mar 30, 2:20am