Your favourite soup recipes?

Page 2 / 2
iriegirl, Apr 7, 1:10am
Would you share your Pea & Ham recipe please papariccardo?

fee1965, Apr 7, 1:47am
Go buy a packet of King Soup mix, they yellow one is best.
Add:
1 onion
2 carrots
2 sticks celery
1 bay leaf
3 potatoes
1 kumara
1/4 pumpkin
1/2 head brocolli
bacon bones (optional)

Add more spuds if you want it thicker, less if you want it thin.This is amazing soup, put on the stove and leave to simmer slowly for about 2hours.Divine with crusty bread on a winters day - your Mum will be suitably impressed.Our family lives on this in winter

martine5, Apr 7, 5:28am
I love courguette, basil and camembert.Fry up an onion in some oil and add a couple of cloves of garlic.Pop in your chopped courguettes, give them a bit of astir around, cover with stock (i use massell brand) and boil until the courguette is almost cooked through.Add 1/2 packet of fresh basil and cook for another 5 mins and then whizz your soup up in a food processor.As you add pieces of camembert and it will 'melt' into the soup.Fast, easyand best of all delicious.

motorbo, Apr 7, 6:22am
sorry i took my time cottagerose i forgot i offered and didnt check back LOL

Fred’s tomatoe soup
Great hot or cold
1kg of ripe tomatoes
Large clove of garlic peeled and chopped
1 tbsp sugar
2 handfuls of basil
1 tsp salt and black pepper
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
100ml of fruit olive oil
Skin the tomatoes then blend everything for cold soup, I put everything in a pot and cooked for 40misn then blended it, I like the seeds in but up to you if you wanna sieve it – this is the nicest ive tried and so simple.

motorbo, Apr 7, 6:26am
thanks for your recipe, ive made this before and its delish, Annabelle Langbien has a recipe for split pea cakes, over the years ive posted it here a few times - cheap as to make and delish, let me know if you would like the recipe

purplegoanna, Apr 7, 8:43am
of course you already know it will be cause so am I lol!!!

iriegirl, Apr 8, 1:10am
Would you share your Pea & Ham recipe please papariccardo!

martine5, Apr 8, 5:28am
I love courguette, basil and camembert.Fry up an onion in some oil and add a couple of cloves of garlic.Pop in your chopped courguettes, give them a bit of astir around, cover with stock (i use massell brand) and boil until the courguette is almost cooked through.Add 1/2 packet of fresh basil and cook for another 5 mins and then whizz your soup up in a food processor.As you add pieces of camembert and it will 'melt' into the soup.Fast, easyand best of all delicious.

purplegoanna, Apr 8, 8:43am
of course you already know it will be cause so am I lol!