So what are you filling the tins with today?

Page 1 / 2
kinna54, Mar 27, 1:45am
What are you baking today?

fishergrl, Mar 27, 2:07am
bacon and egg pie and frittata and maybe if i have time some white choc and berry muffins..... mmm fatty fatt faticus lol.

gardie, Mar 27, 2:17am
Not much - my chdn have eaten all the eggs and I don't like buying them from the shop when there are chickens in the backyard (that need to lay more often GRRR)

fishergrl, Mar 27, 2:29am
take a big knife out there and give those hens a good talking to lol

lizab, Mar 27, 2:33am
Chooks will be starting to go off the lay now the days are getting slightly shorter unfortunately. We try to get pullets to lay for us over the normally non-laying months. I've had a very lazy day today and have only made a duck casserole and some bread. I did make 2 doz apple and date muffins yesterday tho. Will be baking tomorrow instead.

cookessentials, Mar 27, 3:28am
My old Aunts "farmhouse cake" made with lard etc, and chocolate muffins.

gardie, Mar 27, 4:34am
Love it!I did find put out my muesli bar recipe which I have renamed Leopard Slice due to the milk and white chocolate that I put on the base of it.Made a tray of that.Was gonna do caramel slice but decided its just tooooo easy to eat.At least my leopard slice is a little bit healthy.

fishergrl, Mar 27, 4:49am
oh yum could you share puhlease sounds like it would be great to put in DD lunch box :)

mamameow, Mar 27, 5:05am
choc chippies, shortbread, and sultana cookies.

52many, Mar 27, 5:44am
Could you explain this a bit more..pullets that lay for us over the non-laying months? Im a bit lost on this..also did you kill & dress the duck? How? Am very interested as we are thinking of having ducks as well as chickens. What age of duck is best for consuming? Sorry, a novice.....

lynja, Mar 27, 7:10am
chocolate cake and shortbread.

lx4000, Mar 27, 6:58pm
Stocked up the freezer a bit here! Double Dutch Apple Cake x 2, Fejoa Loaf x2, and x2 Apple and Peach Muffins. Then a big pot of veggie soup for tea last night.

fishergrl, Mar 27, 7:04pm
"uses sleeve to shine lx4000's halo"

lx4000, Mar 27, 7:11pm
ty:)

lizab, Mar 27, 7:21pm
lol - well, when the chooks are a certain young age, like 5 months or so, they start laying, whether it's a non laying time or not. So if you bought day old chicks back in say Oct/Nov, they will lay for you over the winter months. (we buy them in when we've got a clucky chook who mothers them) As for the duck question, sorry I can't help you. My husband goes out duck shooting (1st Saturday of May is when the season starts) I found duck breasts in the freezer, so thought I'd better use them up!! I put them in the crock pot and made a casserole of them. I don't know anything about keeping ducks for laying eggs I'm afraid.

kinna54, Mar 28, 1:45am
What are you baking today!

fishergrl, Mar 28, 2:07am
bacon and egg pie and frittata and maybe if i have time some white choc and berry muffins. mmm fatty fatt faticus lol.

gardie, Mar 28, 2:17am
Not much - my chdn have eaten all the eggs and I don't like buying them from the shop when there are chickens in the backyard (that need to lay more often GRRR)

lizab, Mar 28, 2:33am
Chooks will be starting to go off the lay now the days are getting slightly shorter unfortunately. We try to get pullets to lay for us over the normally non-laying months. I've had a very lazy day today and have only made a duck casserole and some bread. I did make 2 doz apple and date muffins yesterday tho. Will be baking tomorrow instead.

falcon-hell, Mar 28, 2:59am
yesterday baked "cut and keep butter cake" its in aussie womans weekly recipe book,beautiful cake,i ice it with raspberry icing,and make it in a roasting tin,so its a biggie.

lx4000, Mar 28, 3:06am
falcon-hell

recipe please!! ta:)

kinna54, Mar 28, 3:07am
And for me please. sounds wonderful.....

penny123, Mar 28, 3:08am
Feijoa muffins and loaf. Fejoa's out of freezer and also using up last season's walnuts.

kinna54, Mar 28, 3:14am
Oh you lucky thing penny 123 to have fejoas! Love them so much..

stormbaby, Mar 28, 3:48am
I have "knot" rolls rising on the bench, tomorrow making some bread/pizza paste/cheese twists and then some parmessan (sp) sticks for lunches. Yum.