Cone shaped muffin tins

svx1, Mar 11, 9:18am
Has anyone got the cone shaped muffins tins from the cook book little friday and cafe.Apparently they had them for sale but dont have them any more I am after a set does anyone know where you could buy them as they wre especially made for the cafe.thankyou

cookessentials, Mar 11, 9:36pm
I take it you mean a cone with a pointed end!

svx1, Mar 12, 1:39am
yes cookessentials thats what i am after when I contacted the cafe they said that they were sold out and the recipe for the lamingtons uses them and I saw something similiar in Julie Le Clers book as well but havent see them in shops do you have them!Thanks too Juliewn.cheers

cookessentials, Mar 12, 3:23am
I used to deal with a company in germany called Zenker and they had some of the more unusual shapes. There is also a company here in New Zealand called resotech, it might be worth contacting them. Funnily enough, a customer of mine in Germany emailed me some pictures of shaped tins that she had trieds to get and had found them at Little & Friday!
I can't remember if Silikomart silicone moulds have one, i seem to remember something similar. Another super place who I have been in touch with is J B Prince in the USA, they do so many amazing moulds and if I had a huge budget and could afford to ship their stuff in, I would. You could ask them who in the states ( retailer) sells them, you may even be able to get it on Amazon! Here is a link, showing their timbale mould ( silicone) which is not as pointed on the top as perhaps you would like, but it may suffice. Take a peek at their other stuff.I am in heaven when i look through there! So many wonderful shapes and ideas for fabulous desserts.
http://www.jbprince.com/flexible-silicone-molds/orange-non-stick-11-timbales-.asp

korbo, Mar 12, 5:17am
noticed in the red shed some oval shaped (like easter egg) muffin trays. had to buy one. havent tried it yet

cookessentials, Mar 13, 6:55am
Your other option svx1, is to use dariole moulds which will still give yo a slight cone shape but a bit wider on the top.

player_smurf, Mar 13, 7:21am
Check out BrownCookie.com they have a great selection, I got mine from them.

cookessentials, Mar 13, 7:27am
Yes, worth checking out. Although I see these pans which they class as a Madeleine pan but they are not really. I would class these as cinnamon oyster pans if anyone is looking for some
http://browncookie.com/collections/cupcake-muffin-pans/products/non-stick-madeleine-pan-sheet-muffin-cake-pan

player_smurf, Mar 13, 7:45am
Depending on where you live is what they are! In USA they are Madeline pans from the French Madeline cakes but we would possibly call them Cinnamon Oyster pans in NZ as they are the right shape etc for them.

mothergoose_nz, Mar 13, 7:56am
mum used to have the pans in #9 when i was a child. we always used them for making little apple tarts.they were old in the 1960s. memories

cookessentials, Mar 13, 8:01am
Hey Barry, do you have a tie up with The Mothered Goose in Bulls!

lilyfield, Mar 13, 8:53am

svx1, Mar 14, 7:49am
Hi everyone thanks for the messages but I really like the pointed shaped cones I have dariole moulds and cone shaped muffin tins that are smooth on the outside but would just love the ones in the book they did have them for sale and apparently expensive thats why they arent making them anymore but I still would like to obtain them so heres hoping maybe someone has them just sitting in their pantry collecting dust and would like to sell them.cheers

katalin2, Mar 14, 9:52am
They also have bunny shaped muffin tins next to the oval egg shaped ones. Couldn't resist these- cant wait to try it, might set some jellies in it for fun as well.

cookessentials, Mar 14, 9:18pm
I am pretty sure that the Zenker tins were what my customer in Germany was talking about when she mentioned Little & Friday. I dont think I have the email now, but will check.

cookessentials, Mar 14, 9:22pm
Here you go, this is a copy and paste of the email from my German customer from Kim at Little & Friday.she says that they get them made in Christchurch and would cost $25
Kim Evans wrote:

>We have a set of cone shaped tins that we have been using for years,
> but I have found someone in Christchurch who is hand-making some this
> week that we can sell in our store! They are $25 each, I would be
> happy to send you some if you were still interested! You would just
> need to also pay for postage. We can organize internet banking rather
> than sending money :)

Whoever this may be in Christchurch.

svx1, Mar 15, 3:37am
Hi Cookessentials thanks so much for the information and I will contact her next week as they were unavilable today and let you know how I get on.cheers