LEFT OVER SLOW COOKER PORK JOINT

pp11, Mar 15, 4:17am
What can I do with this, I have loads. All I can think of for the life of me is pork fried rice and pork sandwiches. Any ideas?

pp11, Mar 15, 4:18am
Just noticed there's no other titles in capitals. Sorry, didn't mean to "shout" it.

ant_sonja, Mar 15, 4:41am
Pork cooked with mushrooms, cream & garlic, a little splash of white wine and Tarragon - serve with rice and green leafy salad...

pp11, Mar 15, 5:08am
Mmmm sounds delicious, thank you.

rainrain1, Mar 15, 5:20am
What's wrong with cold meat and salads and a boiled potato.Doesn't anybody eat cold meat any more.If you lived at my house you would have to die of starvation ha ha

pp11, Mar 15, 5:34am
Nothing wrong with cold meat and salad but we like variety.

rainrain1, Mar 15, 5:39am
and don't we all

korbo, Mar 15, 8:21am
looking at the same tomorrow night. cooked pork in cooker last night, then roasted the vegs, had plenty of leftover vegs and meat tonight. lunches tomorrow and still there will be some. think i will do the fried rice dish.

pp11, Mar 15, 10:01pm
Just did some wraps for lunch with salad, cold pork, bit of cheese, mayo and sweet chilli sauce mmmmm.

karenz, Mar 15, 10:22pm
Yesterday I made this with left over pork roast.
Mince the pork
Make a gravy or use left over gravy if you have some, I added cornflour, onions, garlic, soy sauce and apinch of ground ginger to the gravy (I suppose you could use a commercial pork gravy mix and add these extras )
Mix the gravy through the pork mince.
cook and mash a mixture of potatoes and pumpkin, you could use any root vegetable mix you like, I would have used Kumera and carrot as well but didn't have any.
Put a thin layer of the mashes veges onto bottom of casserole dish
Spread half of the pork mince on top
Peel and chop up a granny smith apple and put a layer of that
Spread the rest of the pork on top of this
Spread the rest of the veges on top of this
I sprinkled cheese over the top and baked at 200 for half an hour to cook the apple

kinna54, Mar 16, 3:03am
Some awesome left over recipes on here.Will have to try some.Another thing you could do is mince up and make rissoles/meatballs, maybe serve them with a gravy or spicy sauce (see cookessentials post re sauces)

uli, Mar 16, 3:37am
I just eat it the same as the first day - pork and gravy.
Much easier than to "make" something out of it.

pp11, Mar 16, 4:17am
What can I do with this, I have loads. All I can think of for the life of me is pork fried rice and pork sandwiches. Any ideas!

pp11, Mar 16, 4:18am
Just noticed there's no other titles in capitals. Sorry, didn't mean to "shout" it.

ant_sonja, Mar 16, 4:41am
Pork cooked with mushrooms, cream & garlic, a little splash of white wine and Tarragon - serve with rice and green leafy salad.

rainrain1, Mar 16, 5:20am
What's wrong with cold meat and salads and a boiled potato.Doesn't anybody eat cold meat any more.If you lived at my house you would have to die of starvation ha ha

rainrain1, Mar 16, 5:39am
and don't we all

karenz, Mar 16, 10:22pm
Yesterday I made this with left over pork roast.
Mince the pork
Make a gravy or use left over gravy if you have some, I added cornflour, onions, garlic, soy sauce and apinch of ground ginger to the gravy (I suppose you could use a commercial pork gravy mix and add these extras )
Mix the gravy through the pork mince.
cook and mash a mixture of potatoes and pumpkin, you could use any root vegetable mix you like, I would have used Kumera and carrot as well but didn't have any.
Put a thin layer of the mashes veges onto bottom of casserole dish
Spread half of the pork mince on top
Peel and chop up a granny smith apple and put a layer of that
Spread the rest of the pork on top of this
Spread the rest of the veges on top of this
I sprinkled cheese over the top and baked at 200 for half an hour to cook the apple