Candida diet recipes?

ribzuba, Jan 21, 9:39pm
x1
I am terrible at sticking at this diet because I hate the food options even though i know it makes me feel so much better!!does anyone have a variety of delicious filling vegetarian candida recipes?

bedazzledjewels, Jan 21, 10:16pm
What types of food can't you eat? And are you vegetarian? Just getting an idea so people can think of recipes for you. There's a very good vege thread on here somewhere.

ribzuba, Jan 21, 11:33pm
candida diet is where you have to cut out all processed foods, flours, starchs, sugars, dairy, fruit, chocolate, legumes, yeast, corn some nuts ie peanuts which can contain mould.i have done it before for one month but the candida always comes back so i have been recomended to do it for 3 this time which i think will drive me insane.and yes i am vegetarian

bedazzledjewels, Jan 22, 12:15am
Interesting isn't it. That's the way I eat all the time (except for the vegetarian bit!) and I love it.
We call it low carb. I'm sure you know how to find our cooking website - there are lots of vegetable ideas there.

morrello1, Jan 22, 2:20am
I did the anti-candida diet a few years ago for a few months. It was hard at first but it WORKED so was SO worth it!!! The best tool I found was the forum on the whole approach website. I'm not sure if it still exists but whole approach is US company that sell supplement products so at the end of the day they're trying to sell your products but you can just ignore that & use the forum, well I could back then anyway. The forum was the key to me being able to do it. People share recipes & tips etc. Check it out.

ribzuba, Jan 23, 9:29am
hey bedazzled i dont know how to find the website...i can eat rice though...its pretty much my diet staple atm!

sheyale, Jan 23, 9:34am
If you candida is that bad, why hasnt your doctor prescribed nilstat (adult version of mycostatin - which is whats given to babies).This is what my doctor gave me 5 yrs ago.It was 6 pills a day for 3 wks.Ive never had the same problems since.This pill also doesnt upset your stomach flora.Only the candida & thrush.We also need a small amount of candida in our bodies.It just gets out of control sometimes.

ribzuba, Jan 23, 9:36am
my doctor has, i took them in conjunction with doing the candida diet last time i did it properly-about two years ago and it has lasted this long but it is beginning to become a real problem again

korbo, Jan 23, 7:06pm
have you had test for diabetes. as I, years ago, kept getting this, and after a diabetes test, found that i had diabetes. just a thought...never had it again.

ribzuba, Jan 23, 8:30pm
what are the symptoms of diabetes??

bedazzledjewels, Jan 23, 8:44pm
Ribzuba - I was reading a book yesterday that discusses candida all the way through it and might help you. Chch library should have it.
By Zoe Harcombe - "Stop Counting the Calories & Start Losing Weight".
She refers to candida (which she suffers from) and the diet, while low carb, is at the more moderate end of the scale.
It might help you.

korbo, Jan 23, 11:09pm
ribzuba, always being thirsty, tired, weight(on/off). I unfortunatley didnt have the normal symptons that others usually find out.
best get on the web and look up diabetes, or most doctors and health places have pamphlets on diabetes.....

bedazzledjewels, Jan 23, 11:43pm
Ribzuba - further info on the book I mentioned two posts up - Zoe was a vegetarian for a long time (15 years I think) and now just eats some fish added in from time-to-time, so most of the recipes in the book are vegetarian ones.

trading_gibsons, Jan 23, 11:56pm
I've just lately found this was my problem & was why I wasn't losing any weight no matter how I tried. I had to take antibiotics & experienced die off(I think it's called) & was sick as a parrot for three days.
Now the weight is just falling off 5 1/2 kilos in a couple of weeks!
I must admit though my diet hasn't been as extreme as the one you have mentioned, I have cut out anything with yeast, sugars & cheeses.

frances1266, Jan 24, 12:57am
The blog Diet, Dessert and Dogs is a candida free blog.Her recipes are very imaginative and vegan as well.She is a good writer and her posts are very funny.

annie642, Feb 18, 8:35pm

nicolejack, Feb 20, 3:14am
I also had to eat this way after repeated candida episodes. I found after a couple of weeks of being REALLY good, I could cheat just a little to stick with it for a few more weeks. I had porridge for breakfast - make this as yummy as possible with salt, a little cream, sliced banana and, if you can tolerate it, just a wee sprinkling of brown sugar. For lunch I had stir fries (you could put raw ingredients in a dish and microwave at work if you have to). Use plenty of different veges everyday so you don't get sick of it. Dinner was just our usual yummy dishes minus any bread or sweet things. Never felt better!

lythande1, Feb 20, 3:17am
High sugar levels or you pass it back and forth - you and your partner.