Hilary Barry's Christmas Cake

tracey58, Mar 5, 1:12am
x1
Did anyone keep Hilary's Christmas Cake recipe from, I think, Womens Day just before Christmas 2009. I made it and it was soooo nice, then I lost the magazine. Would really like to have it again. If someone can help, Many thanks Elaine

mercedes_honour, Mar 5, 9:55am
x2
225g butter melted 1 c hot water 1tbs white wine vingar 2tsp cinnanmon 1tsp mixed spice 1kg dried fruit 1 can sweetened milk 1tsp baking soda 1/4 c sherry 1tsp vanilla extract 2 1/4 c self-raising flour sifted 1/4 cwhole almonds to decorate brandy to douse

mercedes_honour, Mar 5, 9:58am
x2
1, place butter, hot water, vingar, cinnamon, mixed spice and dried fruit into a large saucepan and bring to the boil stirring regularly

mercedes_honour, Mar 5, 10:00am
x2
2, remove from the heat and stir in conndensed milk and baking soda. allowcto cool to room temperture

mercedes_honour, Mar 5, 10:11am
x3
3, line a deep-sided 20cm round cake tin with non-stick baking paper and preheat oven to 140c on fan bake
4, add sherryband vanilla to cooled mixture and stir in sifted flour pour into prepared cake tin and decorated with almonds5, bake for 2-21/2 hours. cool completely before removing from cake tin. prick with a skewer and douse with brandy, if desired. and that is Hilary Barry's christmas cake from the womans day december 14 2009

tracey58, Mar 6, 12:12am
Thank you so much mercedes_honour. I shall go and make it now. Do try it if you haven't already, it is so nice. Thanks again. Cheers

mercedes_honour, Mar 6, 9:33am
yvw tracey i just happen to be reading that mag and looking thru the recipes here and came on your thread asking for this recipe it looks a lovely cake

mercedes_honour, Mar 6, 9:34am
hope you have saved it now

tracey58, Mar 7, 9:22pm
Sure have. I have it in 3 different places. Thanks again. What would we do without these message boards? Cheers

snapit, Mar 7, 10:37pm
Another great thread from the Trademe Community Recipes forum. A great group of helpful friendly members happily sharing with the Trademe family and visitors. We invite you to join us here and not on the stack--- site these have been hijacked to.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=201376&#p3829922

bluetigerrr, Mar 8, 12:04am
x3
Easier version to cut and paste:

Hilary Barry's Christmas Cake- NZ Woman's Day (14. 12. 2009)

INGREDIENTS:

225 g butter, melted
1 cup hot water
1tb white wine vingar
2 tsp cinnanmon
1 tsp mixed spice
1kg dried fruit
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1tsp baking soda
¼ cup sherry
1tsp vanilla extract
2¼ cup self-raising flour sifted
¼ cup whole almonds to decorate
Brandy to douse

METHOD:

1. Preheat oven to 140c on fan bake.
2. Place butter, hot water, vinegar, cinnamon, mixed spice and dried fruit into a large saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring regularly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in condensed milk and baking soda.
4. Allow to cool to room temperature.
5. Line a deep-sided 20cm round cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
6. Add sherry and vanilla to cooled mixture.
7. Stir in sifted flour.
8. Pour into prepared cake tin and decorated with almonds.
9. Bake for 2 to 2½hours.
10. Cool completely before removing from cake tin.
11. Prick with a skewer and douse with brandy if desired.

morgana-rose, Apr 4, 10:52am
wow this sounds nice thank you

chaussures_chris, Apr 13, 4:50pm
christian louboutin france
chaussures christian louboutin http://pascherlouboutinchaussuress.webs.com/

guest, Jan 11, 11:42am
Your thikning matches mine - great minds think alike!

guest, Jan 14, 10:11am
March 15, 2011 at 12:02 amYes, you need a certain sofwtare to help you, put/save a DVD movie onto your computer hard drive, you can follow me to use RZ DVD Copy, it can directly copy DVD movie to computer hard drive, it also can directly copy DVD movie to another blank DVD disc, you can yahoo or google search and download RZ DVD Copy, easy to use, hope it could help you.