That's life magazine ice-cream crumble recipe?

icata, Dec 13, 12:45am
The other day I was served an ice cream crumble which was apparently in the "That's Life" magazine. Does anyone have it? It was incredible to say the least!!! I have looked at some other recipes on the net and they look quite different, so I want to try and get that one.

Cheers

tower, Dec 13, 8:18pm
There are heaps of recipes ontheir website. You could try there.http://thatslife.com.au/section.articles.asp?CategoryID=38&Pid=9

icata, Dec 14, 3:57am
I can't find it on there at all.Apparently it is called "ice-cream cake" rather than crumble.

grumpy8, Dec 14, 4:16am
1 cup raspberries
1/4 cup brandy
2 litres ice-cream
2 cups crumbled fruit cake or pudding
1 cup chopped chocolate cream biscuits

Instructions

1. Soak raspberries in brandy for 10 min. Soften ice-cream and add raspberries, crumbled fruit cake or pudding and chopped chocolate cream biscuits. Mix to combine.

2. Freeze until firm. Overnight is ideal. Serve ice-cream with wafers and garnish with fresh raspberries.

grumpy8, Dec 14, 4:18am
Not sure if thats the one you are looking for.

icata, Dec 14, 5:32am
Thank you but no, this is like two layers of oat type crumble with ice cream in the middle and caramel and nuts on the top.

morgana-rose, Dec 14, 8:51am
do you know what issue it was in my friend has lots of them so i could ask her

icata, Dec 14, 6:45pm
Sorry, no.All I know is that it was out of that magazine, I dont know when from.I looked in the latest one and it was not in that issue.

fifie, Dec 14, 10:25pm
Are you sure its from thats life? have looked in their recipe bookand can't see it.I have got a recipe for a slice with a oaty crumble base,then a layer of icecream, then caramel, and a crumble topping which you freeze and cut into squares. You could easily add chopped nuts to the top layer yell out if you want the recipe..

icata, Oct 29, 5:41am
Got it!

Ice Cream Crumble
Serves 8-10

125g Butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup raw macadamia nuts chopped
1 cups caramel topping (see recipe below)
2L French Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (160 degrees C fan forced).Combine melted butter, sugar, plain flour, oats and nuts.Divide mixture between two trays lined with baking paper.Press in to a thin layer.
Bake for 15 minutes, stand 5 minutes and crumble mixture in to a bowl while warm.
Grease a 20x30cm baking dish and line with baking paper.Spread 2/3 of the mixture over the base.Drizzle with half the caramel topping, then top with ice cream, oat mixture and remaining topping.Freeze until firm.To serve, cut in to squares.

Caramel Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla essence

Combine brown sugar, butter and cream in a heavy saucepan over a medium heat, bring to the boil.Reduce the heat to a simmer, continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes.Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.Serve.