Alison Holst's 3-egg Christmas Cake

grandma, Nov 27, 2:58am
Can anyone help me (for my daughter) with Alison Holst's 3-egg Christmas Cake recipe please.I have made her 6-egg one and for the life of me, I can't put my hands on my copy of the smaller one. Many thanks, in anticipation.

245sam, Nov 27, 4:05am
grandma, do you have any idea re which of Alison's books that 3-egg recipe may be found?I have most of Alison's books but right now I don't have the time to go through them all.:-))

calista, Nov 27, 4:41am
Chef_momma1 September 22, 2010, 10:09 am#13
alison's cutting cake from simply delicious 1975
1.5 T cornflour
1 C water
450g sultanas
225g butter
1 C sugar
1/2 t lemon essence
1/2 t orange essence
1/2 t almond essence
1/2 t vanilla essence
3 eggs
3 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
Boil cornflour and water until thick...cool. Cream butter suagr and essences, add eggs. sift flour, baking powder and salt and coat sultanas in it. Add the flour etc in batches alternating with the cornflour mix. Turn into a lined tin ((20cm square, 23cm round) bake at 170C for 1.5 hours (ish)
*this cake is very similar to the ernest adams fruit luncheon

I found this on Stack of Recipes by doing a Google search - which is quite a roundabout way of finding something that was posted on TM to start with.I didn't find it when I used te search function here - must have put in the wrong words.

I do know there is another small one (about 7inches) but I only had a photocopy which I've lost.

grandma, Sep 10, 6:12pm
x1
Many, many thanks for the recipe - I knew you wouldn't let me down!
An early Merry Christmas to the both of you.