Banana cake flop

molly37, Oct 30, 11:04pm
I was really excited to find on this site a fantastic banana cake recipe. Its has oil and sour cream in it. Makes a large cake, is moist and delicious. Unlike all my other attempts at banana cakes,I have never had much luck. Today it came out of the oven looking FAB, next minute it flopped. Is it cos I added 4 bananas instead of 3. Its still edible, but wont be sharing any with the neighbours as I had planned. Bugger!

lost-in-oz, Oct 31, 1:50am
Most likely because of the extra banana its created abit more moisture.Next time maybe add abit more flour and raising agent to make a firmer mix?

bean45, Nov 3, 1:06am
banana cake.

easy recipe banana cake

1 .5 cups self raising flour heap cup
3/4 cup sugar
3 bananas mashed put in dried ingrediences

butter 50grms.

melt butter in 1/4 cup of full milk.

eggs 3 jumbo eggs
mix everything together. linea square cake tin with baking paper
pour mixture in the tin
bake at 180 for 40 mins . check then take out if cooked . if needed leave with oven turn off for 4 mins
remove and cool in cake tin , before removing cake.

dairymaid, Nov 3, 8:33pm
This is my mothers Banana Cake which has been published in cooking book Make it all the time
1/4 lb butter{113g}
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour{ take out 2 tbps and add 1 tbps cornflour & 1 tbsp coconut.
3 mashed bananas
1 tsp Baking Power
1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 3 tbsp milk.
Cream butter and sugar, add egg' flour, cornflour, coconut. Baking power, mashed bananas, soda and milk. mix well.
Bake 1 hour in a moderate oven.
This is not a very big cake but oh so moist and yummy

jrxxxx, Nov 4, 10:45pm
The recipe sounds like the one posted by mackenzie2.
Having an abundance of overripe bananas I made it on Wednesday. It really is delicious and very easy to make.The best banana cake I've ever made, so do try again.

mackenzie2, Nov 5, 3:14am
So pleased you like it, The only time I have ever had a flop was when I added to much oil...

tinawal, Nov 5, 7:51am

marree, Nov 5, 8:27am
molly37 - if it's still 'edible' maybe heat it up a bit & serve with cream or cold with icecream - don't let it go to waste& try recipes above - you will get it right I'm sure.

terraalba, Nov 6, 6:55am
Flopped banana cakes makes a great base for a desert.

beastie3, Nov 6, 7:05am
Edmonds cook book has the best no fail banana cake recipe...I've been using it since I was a teenager....a long time ago now. Good for when U need something in a hurry...

sheree7, Jul 18, 10:00pm
Nothing beats banana cake[flops]and custard as a desert.