Has any one heard of the Pope Plus Bread

srkelly, Oct 28, 8:51pm
x1
Its like a chain letter, only its a bread dough.I got given some along with some instructions on what to do.It take 10 days to make and you keep it in the cupboard.It doesnt mould and you have to do certain things on certain days.You end up cutting it into 4 equal parts and giving 3 of the parts away to family or friends, and you keep the last part, bake it then eat it.it also tells you that you'll only make this cake/bread once in your life.

What do you think, im not sure about these sorts of things, i've never heard of it before, and to be honest i dont really know anyone to give it to.

maxwell.inc, Oct 28, 8:58pm
x1
Sounds like a basic sour dough starter bug to me.

What you do with it depends on you I guess.

srkelly, Oct 28, 10:38pm
i was thinking on baking the hole thing and handing out bits of cake to my friends and breaking the chain, but not being superstitious or anything.theres always that thing in the back of my mind if something does happen to me or my family will it be because i broke a bread chain?I just dont know

marlin9, Oct 28, 10:43pm
I did it and did not like it and had nobody to give the stuff too so ditched it in the rubbish

srkelly, Nov 1, 11:05am
True, I read up on it on the net, and there was this one web site saying that a high preist somewhere said that it is a load of rubbish, and that people shouldnt be using the pope's or any other name to promote such things.But Im going to make the thing, since i spent all this time and spent money on the ingredents, see how it goes, if its nice then its all good.

thanks for all your thougts guys.

guest, Nov 11, 7:56pm
It's just bread. Bake or not, eat it or give it away. It is bread. The story, whether you believe it to be true or are superstitious or not, is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I've made it before and have some on my bench now that I will make again because my kids liked it. It can be as simple as that :)

srkelly, Nov 14, 10:27am
well i ended up making my quarter and it was gross, it had no yeast in it, but it was very yeasty (if thats a word),i didnt end up passing the rest on as mine was gross, so it ended up in the bin.

the end

faatasiga, Oct 5, 12:52pm
x1
This is known as Pope Plus Bread

The story is told of an Italian woman who was suffering all her life from illness and she could not even do her house chores. One day her daughter moaned so much that the mother felt she needed to bake the cake. She asked the aid of the Virgin Mary. As soon as she started to prepare the cake, the Virgin Mary appeared and she herself prepared the cake for the woman. The woman was astonished with what was happening and the Virgin Mary told her "you yourself will eat from that bread and the whole world as well." She asked to keep 1/4 of the dough and to add it into the ingredients of the recipe to make a whole cake and distribute the other 3/4 to 3 other faithful people on one condition-that they will carry out the same procedure of this miraculous dough. Unto this day, no one has refused to bake this cake, because it brings blessings and prosperity to all the families that receive and prepare it accordingly. It has been said that this bread even traveled from the Vatican to the Americans, and Australia to Africa.

This in itself a miracle because:
A) Even though it is kept out of the fridge, it never moulded.
B) Its odour and form gives one that is has yeast in it, even though it dosen't.

Pray to our Lady the Virgin Mary for Blessings

Method:
As soon as you recive the dough, place it in glass, pyrex or plastic container and cover tightly with gladwrap of foil
-never put in fridge.

DAY 0
The day when you recive it is day 0.

DAY 1 and 2
Leave a dough covered and don't touch it is so it adapts to the enviroment.

DAY 3 and 4
Stir the dough with a wooden spoon and cover again.

DAY 5
Add 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup plain yogurt, and 2 cups of plain flour. Stir well with a wooden spoon and cover again.

DAY 6 and 9
Stir the dough with wooden spoon and cover again.

DAY 10
Add 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup plain yogurt and 2 cups of plain flour. stir well with a wooden spoon. Mix well, then divide into 4 equal parts. 3 parts are to be distributed amongst faithful people(1/4 each). The 4th quarter is yours. Add it to 1/4 cup of sugar, 3 eggs and 1/2 cup of olive oil plus 2 teaspoon of baking powder. Mix well with a wooden spoon and pour into a battered baking dish (oil or butter). Bake in a moderate over (150 degrees) for 50 minutes.

Important note: 1 Always use a wooden spoon.

2 You can only bake this cake once in your life time.

Cake must be shared.