Banana cake with yoghurt?

seniorbones, Oct 23, 8:39pm
I have searched but cant find the recipe for the banana cake using yoghurt, does someone have this one handy? TIA

ramboka, Oct 23, 9:06pm

seniorbones, Oct 23, 10:14pm
mmmm...that is a new one and sounds delicous, I have plain yoghurt this time but will try with the flavoured next week.I have a lot of bananas in the freezer to use up... printing off as I type...Thanks

sandra25, Oct 23, 10:49pm
That's the one I always use too, but I ice it with chocolate icing instead of lemon.

evorotorua, Oct 24, 2:55am
Banana Chocolate Yogurt Cake
2 cups sugar, 200g butter or marg, 3 cups self raising flour, 2 eggs, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence, 2 mashed bananas, ½ cup cocoa, ¼ tsp salt. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Turn mixture in to medium roasting dish and bake at 180C for an hour. That’s it. Note, I pour the boiling water over the butter/marg to melt it. You don’t have to use plain yogurt. I have used fruit flavoured and it is lovely. I have also left out the cocoa altogether and not replaced it with anything. Bananas can be replaced with other soft fruit. So there you go. Very versatile. It will work fine in two smaller cake tins or even as muffins. Adjust cooking time to suit. I don’t actually know that it ever takes an hour to cook. Depends on oven I suppose.

melissa411, Oct 24, 9:05am
Hi, try searching for Mackenzies Banana Cake. I got the recipe off here and its awesome.

melissa411, Oct 24, 9:06am
A firm family fav now, will make not other - soooo moist and lasts for days, staying moist - big cake, here it is –

"MACKENZIES BANANA CAKE”.

Best banana cake recipe ever for Trade Me recipe users....
Beat 3 eggs,
1.5 cups sugar,
then add 1/2 cup cheap oil and
3/4 cup sour cream & 3 ripe bananas beat all,
then add 2 cups white flour
1.5 tsp of both baking powder and baking soda.
Beat till nice and smooth. bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy. Sorry left out some info...I bake mine in either a high sided 22inch tin or if I want to stretch the servings in a larger square." There you go, now I wanted to make this the other day but no sour cream - I used milk and the cake was fantastic, in fact, I prefer it with the milk and it's cheaper - ice with lemon or choc icing, my kids fav, enjoy :o)

melissa411, Jun 20, 7:09pm
Just substitute the sour cream with yougart.